Hi, new here!

Edit My Images
No
Hi there guys,

So this is my first post here in this neck of the woods.

Just one from me at the moment, i took this, this morning at the church in Breedon on the hill in Leicestershire (not far from Castle Donnington) Below is some info about the church, although the church isn't really in the picture.

C&C always welcome.

"The Priory Church at Breedon on the Hill, Leicestershire, England.
Breedon Priory, formerly known as St. Mary and St. Hardulph.
This is a holy place with an authenticated history of Christian worship for over 1300 years. In A.D. 676 an Anglo-Saxon Monastery was established on the hilltop, by Mercian King Aethelred, and for some 200 years this flourished as a centre of culture and crafts.

It was from this building that the remarkable array of Anglo-saxon carved stonework was salvaged, which can be seen in the Church today. But in A.D. 874, the community was attacked by pagan Danish and Norse invaders and buildings looted and despoiled.

The next major step came in A.D. 1122 with the arrival of a Prior and five Canons from Nostell Priory in Yorkshire, who established an Augustian Priory on the site and it is the Nave and North Aisle of this building which survive as the Parish Church of today, restored in later centuries, but still retaining much of its 12th century design and styling. "

2960484895_9b7ecd9d70.jpg

Last edited:
It works well I think, I'm drawn through the just open gate. Nice bit of history to thanks (y)

Edit:
Sorry... welcome :wave:

Firstly, Welcome to the forum ... :wave:

Good first post ... (y)

The only niggle is that your photo is over forum size rules and may be reduced to a link by the Mods .... Your shots need to be a maximum size of 800 pixels on the longest side.

The only niggle is that your photo is over forum size rules and may be reduced to a link by the Mods .... Your shots need to be a maximum size of 800 pixels on the longest side.

Done, flickr annoyingly doesn't do anything between large and there medium that is of a decent size.

It works well I think, I'm drawn through the just open gate. Nice bit of history to thanks (y)

Edit:
Sorry... welcome :wave:

Heh thanks, Its a very cool looking church, this gate was right on the other side, really out the way. Was quite funny as everything else was locked up tight expect that gate :)

Back