Hi tech holder with circular polariser

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
At the moment I have a circular polariser which is the single type that slots into a cokin filter holder and it has a gnarled edge to turn it round.

I am thinking about a Hi Tech holder and I cant seem to find any information as to whether I can use the same filter with this holder.

Can anyone help?

I hope someone answers your thread Janice as I`m in a similar situ. Fingers crossed !!!!!

Just out of interest Janice - why are you going away from the Cokin ?

Janice,

Give Formatt Filters (the makers) a buzz and they'll tell you what you want to know. They're good to speak with and helpful.
They are in South Wales on 01685 870979

Regards

Greg

At the moment I have a circular polariser which is the single type that slots into a cokin filter holder and it has a gnarled edge to turn it round.

I am thinking about a Hi Tech holder and I cant seem to find any information as to whether I can use the same filter with this holder.

Can anyone help?

If it does'nt fit Janice (as manufactures never make things interchangable), I'll buy it from you if its a Cokin Z164 (y)

As Greg says - give them a call - I got so much help when I called them - service is top notch !

Yes that is where i am buying from .. but have decided to stick with the Cokin P filter holder and use the ND.s and ND grads with them.

Its a case of the cokin nd's having a colour cast.

Thanks for your help all. (y)

As a possible conclusion to this question for anyone else who wants to know, I have a Kood (same spec as Cokin) Circ Pol filter of the type Janice describes, and it does indeed fit nicely into my Hi-Tech holder. I'm glad I (eventually!) remembered that I had it really, prior to pressing the "Buy it now" button on the 52mm Hoya version on eBay - just purchasing the adaptor ring for my existing holder proved substantially cheaper! :D

Back