Hi to all

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.

I used to be an avid camera club member a couple of decades ago but got disillusioned by the competition culture and the constant criticism/appraisal based almost exclusively on the technical aspects of photography rather than on any "artistic" merit or impact of the image. Maybe I was just in the wrong club...
As a result, I sold or gave away almost all of my equipment - both film and digital; bought a compact for holidays and that was that.

And then I found I still had a packet of Ilford Perceptol (well out of date!) still lying around in a cupboard. Out came the only camera I kept - my Hasselblad 500cm - and I ran a film through it and developed it. Made a film scanner from a bit of plywood, a light box, and my iPhone. And the bug bit again. I won't join a club this time round and my interests have moved from mainly travel and landscape to street photography. I've got the new Fuji XE-4 and a prime lens on order - but the Hassy probably isn't going anywhere yet

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum and have fun here :wave:

I had a similar experience with my local “photography club”.
you need to present images that the judges wanted, not what you wanted.

Back