Hi!!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I'm new here.

I've recently come back to photography after 15 years away, and how things have changed.

Have my geriatric d200, soon to be replaced/joined by an almost as geriatric d7100!

I'm trying a different way of doing things this time around. Before, I used to read all the photo magazines and learn as much as possible, but never got out to shoot. Now, I'm just getting out there and seeing what happens.

Although, despite numerous YouTube videos, I cannot for the life of me take a decent landscape that doesn't look like a snapshot

Living on the coast in East Yorkshire, I'm gravitating towards coastal photography and maybe some motorsport/BIF if I can afford a 200-500...

Thanks and hello!

Youtube is your friend. The likes of Thomas Heaton, Nigel Danson, Henry Turner are a good start. But practice is indeed the best for trial and error.

Hi James, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Youtube is your friend. The likes of Thomas Heaton, Nigel Danson, Henry Turner are a good start. But practice is indeed the best for trial and error.
I've seen Nigel Danson's videos but not the other two. Will have a look thanks.

Hi James, welcome and enjoy the forum :)

Back