Higger Tor, Peak District

Edit My Images
No
One of the few half decent efforts I managed to get during a 28 mile sunburn-a-thon of a walk on Friday. The light was awful, rendering all my images flat and toneless, and the heat was so fierce that I couldn't concentrate on anything but reaching the next pub :beer:

Anyway, this image was pretty much the best I could muster in the conditions, and a mono conversion was the only way to make it look decent :

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b... District/Dark Peak/Higger_Tor_Mono_Small.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Full size version is HERE . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mate,

I feel there is too much emphasis on foreground and that leading line. I always struggle in the hills too, I think if possible it is important to get some close fore and mid ground *UNLESS* the backdrop is breathtakingly spectacular. I should practice what I preach more, I do understand how hard it is when all you have is a path and a hill.

Gary.

I like the simplicity of this but think adding some contrast could improve it ?

Back