High contrast street, light & shadows.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I love high contrast street photography where the photographer plays with light and shadows. It reminds me of stage lighting where the street becomes the stage and the sun the spotlight.
I've uploaded a couple of my first attempts at this sort of thing but I know they can be impoved upon. I need some guidance as to post processing for this type of shot. If you can link me to any photographers or groups whose works I can study or better yet youtube channels, I would be forever grateful.

candid 2.jpg candid 1.jpg

I love high contrast street photography where the photographer plays with light and shadows. It reminds me of stage lighting where the street becomes the stage and the sun the spotlight.
I've uploaded a couple of my first attempts at this sort of thing but I know they can be impoved upon. I need some guidance as to post processing for this type of shot. If you can link me to any photographers or groups whose works I can study or better yet youtube channels, I would be forever grateful.

View attachment 133802 View attachment 133804
Processing looks fine to me.

I went on Kevin Mullins street photography workshop in London a couple of weeks back (it was very good by the way). We did some work on shadows and spot metering. Here are a couple from that day shot on my X100F

IMG_4325 by GallyPhotoTech

IMG_4324 by GallyPhotoTech, on Flickr

I seem to think I used a high contract s curve in Snapseed to edit them

Back