High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

The patience you bird 'toggers have is something that eludes me. I've only ever seen a kingfisher once, at random when all I had was a phone camera! :( That was on a visit and walk to Flatford Mill.

Of course, with hindsight, that's exactly the sort of place I should expect a chance encounter. Hey ho...

Thanks Marcia. Nothing fancy - aperture priority at f4 with auto iso (minimum shutter 1/500 + iso800 max) and spot metering. The light was great so almost anthing would have worked I guess :)
I think lack of light is often my biggest problem! But when it’s good, as you say it makes such a difference. Thanks for sharing!

I need to complain in the strongest terms about this thread, I have read it from start to finish and then from start to finish again, some of the images to be had from a "bridge camera" are just too good to be true.

So much so I have just battered my credit card and ordered an RX 10 iv from e infinity, and now it looks like I'm going to be buying Topaz denoise as well.

I hope everyone on this thread is thoroughly ashamed of themselves, especially Mike, aka dibbly dobbler who's images are disgustingly good.

So if and when my wife finds out that I have bought another camera (two in a week, G9 with 12-60 leica last week) and beats seven shades of brown out of me you lot will be the reason why.

Just as well she knows nothing about cameras and thinks it's the same one sitting on the table ( at least I hope she does ) in fairness I did have a good look around and the price of a 2nd hand one is nearly as much as a new one ( the self justification has already kicked in )

Anyway I'll do my best to be a worthy contributor as and when it gets delivered.

Okay first question, spare battery? stick to Sony originals or are there any decent 3rd party items out there? I have looked online but there are so many mixed reviews with some folks saying that this brand is great and others saying that the same brand is rubbish.

So any actual experience with batteries would be welcome.

I need to complain in the strongest terms about this thread, I have read it from start to finish and then from start to finish again, some of the images to be had from a "bridge camera" are just too good to be true.

So much so I have just battered my credit card and ordered an RX 10 iv from e infinity, and now it looks like I'm going to be buying Topaz denoise as well.

I hope everyone on this thread is thoroughly ashamed of themselves, especially Mike, aka dibbly dobbler who's images are disgustingly good.

So if and when my wife finds out that I have bought another camera (two in a week, G9 with 12-60 leica last week) and beats seven shades of brown out of me you lot will be the reason why.

Just as well she knows nothing about cameras and thinks it's the same one sitting on the table ( at least I hope she does ) in fairness I did have a good look around and the price of a 2nd hand one is nearly as much as a new one ( the self justification has already kicked in )

Anyway I'll do my best to be a worthy contributor as and when it gets delivered.

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book Tim, congrat's & "ENJOY".

Okay first question, spare battery? stick to Sony originals or are there any decent 3rd party items out there? I have looked online but there are so many mixed reviews with some folks saying that this brand is great and others saying that the same brand is rubbish.

So any actual experience with batteries would be welcome.

Ex-Pro White.

:ROFLMAO: Excellent - welcome to the club! Look forward to seeing what you can do with it :)

A few today from the FZ2000 up for sale.. guess which are 4K stills! All straight out of the camera…

Attachments

• D93471AD-3E83-4C4E-A433-459D94185C3E.jpeg
    D93471AD-3E83-4C4E-A433-459D94185C3E.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 15753410-3DF6-47CA-A68A-4D30ABE57B86.jpeg
    15753410-3DF6-47CA-A68A-4D30ABE57B86.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 39B62A6E-6F30-47E3-A42B-E8B8A41F6F1D.jpeg
    39B62A6E-6F30-47E3-A42B-E8B8A41F6F1D.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 8CCFB36F-2DFE-4619-B912-93CF46ECEA9F.jpeg
    8CCFB36F-2DFE-4619-B912-93CF46ECEA9F.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 9
  • D2D33140-7074-40B3-9057-9CD6ACBFF4D2.jpeg
    D2D33140-7074-40B3-9057-9CD6ACBFF4D2.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 9
For a time or two now I've been promising Mike @dibbly dobbler that I'd try to start posting on this thread again some snaps captured with my RX10M4. I do warn you though that my material does lean heavily towards candid street style stuff and is more often than not in monochrome. Anyway this is my first incarnation, hope somebody likes it. :):)

"Into The Underpass (1)"

Into The Underpass (1)-03615 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

Last edited:
Back