High Hoyland - High Contrast B&W

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

This is an attempt of a landscape from High Hoyland in Yorkshire. Just like every time I visit Yorkshire, the sky was terribly and overcast, so I tried to crop as much off it as I could. I am reasonably happy about how this turned out, however, I think I need to work on my composition!

img_0040351.jpg

C+C Welcome :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I think I need to work on my composition

If it means owt, I think it looks fine. TBH, I don't really listen to all those rules and stuff... just look through the viewfinder and if it looks pleasing then chances are it will when it's downloaded.

I do feel this needs something stronger in the foreground, but as a whole I find it a pleasing image! (y)

If it means owt, I think it looks fine. TBH, I don't really listen to all those rules and stuff... just look through the viewfinder and if it looks pleasing then chances are it will when it's downloaded.

I do feel this needs something stronger in the foreground, but as a whole I find it a pleasing image! (y)
Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback; greatly appreciated!

I think :)nuts:) that's what I meant by "my composition needs work". I understand leading lines, rule of thirds, however, I need to put more work in to finding landscapes with foreground and background interest with interesting transition. This is what I feel I am lacking at the moment.

Again, thanks :)

lovely pic - and the following is not a criticism in the slightest - just a question from a total novice............

The righthand 2cm or so, looks quite a lot darker than the rest of the image (to me) - from just about the gap between the M and the A of "Matt." What causes this? Is it during the taking of the image or in the processing after - converting to B&W. (Or is it just me?)

Thanks

Lynton

lovely pic - and the following is not a criticism in the slightest - just a question from a total novice............

The righthand 2cm or so, looks quite a lot darker than the rest of the image (to me) - from just about the gap between the M and the A of "Matt." What causes this? Is it during the taking of the image or in the processing after - converting to B&W. (Or is it just me?)

Thanks

Lynton
Thanks!

The bottom right is dark because I have applied a vignette. You should notice that the pattern of darkness applies to each corner. In photoshop, this can be achieved by going to Filter > Distort > Lens Correction.

Hope I helped :)

Back