High quality LCD Monitors?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I've been using a Samsung 214t which in my opinion had:
1) stunning, accurate colour reproduction
2) brilliant contrast and tonal range in lowlights and highlights
3) Little change in appearance at modest viewing angles
4) Uniform picture from the center to the edges.

However it died on me.

I'm struggling to find a good replacement. From the reviews I've read, Asis, Samsung and Viewsonic monitors have become second-rate, more for gaming or HD, rather than photography or web design which I'll be using it for.

Can anyone recommend any good brands and/or models, 23/24 inch, resolution 1920x1200?

I've been considering HP / Fujitsu / Dell but their reviews are only marginally better.

Thanks

I running a 27" Dell ultra-sharp, its now about 18 months old and its been superb, it exhibits all of the advantages that you pointed out about your Samsung.

It also came with a 3 year guarantee :)

If your budget can stretch to it look at Eizo, or even NEC

best i used was a 22" LG 22LSR (the one with tv tuner built in) or 30" NEC at uni (these are ultra high quality and cost around £800). for home use, the best setup I used was dual 19" widescreen dell ultrasharps :) can pick em up for £120 each or so now :D

ive got a 24" LG Flatron L246WH

got it from play for a good price. I got it for gaming mainly and it hasnt let me down.

its got 2 usb ports, 1 HDMI port, VGA, component blah blah :D

I changed from a Samsung 215tw to an Eizo CG222w and the difference is astonishing. I used to rate the Samsung but the Eizo is truly in a different league. As it should be the amount of money it cost me ;)

Back