High quality M42 lens adapter?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I've got a few M42 lenses and am trying to get a M42 to canon eos EF adapter, so I can mount them on my 50D...

I've been searching on ebay but there are so many versions...also I heard that there are some adapters, which don't actually allow focus on infinity, due to quality/ thickness of the adapter.

Does anyone have experience on this? or any recommendation?

AF or non-AF confirmation versions are both OK.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Shawn

Perhaps a bit more expensive than most on ebay, but like most stuff sold by SRB Griturn you can be guaranteed that its of high quality:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/m42-lenses-on-canon-eos-224-p.asp

They sell two versions both unfortunately with differing good points, the non Kood version allows the mounting of any M42 lens even if their auto diaphragh only and don't have a manual switch, but it can't mount lenses designed for the Pentax ES/ESII/Spotmatic F as their open aperture metering reporting post gets in the way which very unfortunately excludes the excellent multicoated Pentax SMC Takumar series lenses which are extremely good.

The Kood version however allows the mounting of these lenses but conversely only M42 lenses with an auto/manual switch will work unfortunately. Both adapters are the same price so you have to decide which one if you should get one from here.

Back