High speed stuff...

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
On Saturday, I went over to Preston for an afternoon in Brian's studio for my first try at high speed photography. Had a great afternoon and learned plenty about flash etc and how to use it. Thanks for all your help Brian. Good to meet Frank and Andy too. (y)
These are the best of the bunch:

6318180038_1f0ec61623_b.jpg

6315881758_0ccf795241_b.jpg

6317659725_d31d763f1a_b.jpg

6315347507_3067cfb738_b.jpg

6318179188_4be301ef34_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. (y)

Gareth

These are brilliant, I can only imagine the mess that this kind of photography makes but that said I look forward to giving it a go at some point in the future :D I have the gun waiting to give it a go :LOL: :D

I love the sprite and cocktail versions I think that work really well and are something different to what I've seen done before (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Awesome, i really like these! Like MWHCVT i can only imagine the mess made!
I love mess so would like to give this a go in the future.
Could you explain your set up a bit so I have an idea of where to start.

Yes there was quite a bit of mess. We shot at 200mm and still got splattered a few times. A quick wipe down and off again. I'm now spending most of my awake time thinking of things to shoot! :D

The set up - We had 2 off camera flashes set up on stands, one in front at 45 degrees and one behind at 45 degrees opposite. These were linked wirelessley to a trigger and noise sensor. When the gun went off it triggered the flash. I'm sure Brian had previously spent some time getting the gun to subject distance just right.

I'd advise anyone to give this a go. It was a good laugh. (y)

Gareth

Great set of images.

Taking these type of pictures definatly puts the fun into photography. I will have a high speed event once a month right through 2012, we will do different things and will definatly be making alot of mess.

I also do this on a one to one basis so im happy for you to make a mess and il clean it up , pm me for rates. All equiptment supplied (except camera).

thanks

Brian

Fantastic set of images, well done :clap: definitely something i would love to try in the near future (y)

Wouldn't be so keen on the clearing up afterward though :crying:

This is a great laugh and you've captured some nice images there(y)
You could try bigger fruit if mess isn't a problem. I tried tomatoes and apples a few months back:
IMG_4374_ps800.jpg

Those are stunning! Literally blew me away. A fantastic job well done. (y)

I have set up a group page for all people interested in this sort of photography to chat, post pics and learn about equiptment needed LINKY HERE:

Thanks Brian

Link

Some of the best hight speed shots I have seen on here,

No.4 looks like some distant galaxy

(y)

Back