Highland Trip 09 - Ardmair Point Sunset (New edit)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Some more from my Highland Trip last month, this time its on the beach at Ardmair Point camp site 3 miles north of Ullapool.

ArdmairPoint1.jpg

ArdmairPoint2.jpg

ArdmairPoint3.jpg

Really struggled with these on the PP but finally settled on the above, please let me know which one you like best and any other feedback is more than welcome.

Mike

Last edited:
Really nice shots but they are too dark. Try making them brighter - esp in the foreground.

Love the first one, the second one has too much sea, it looks a bit plain and un-interesting to me, the third is nice too but I think you need to make it lighter or darker in the foreground, my eyes are trying to find the detail which is hard with your current exposure, oh and there is slight vignetting on the last, not sure if you intended that or not?

Nice shots.

How do you have the same background but 2 completely different foregrounds? Your vantage point hardly seems to have changed.

That is a great observation, I am intrigued now!

the second one is obviously taken later and there is a good chance the tide has moved I would imagine. Oh, and moving 15 feet can sometimes reveal different things. How could you know what was behind the shooters right shoulder in the 1st shot?

*sighs*

:LOL:

Who done it, where, when and with what :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Thanks all for your comments, the two shots were taken minutes apart, #1 is about 30-40ft behind number #2 but the rocks push the beach line further out into the sea so i am actually a good few meters further out into the sea compared to #2 :thinking: I took #1 after #2 and #3 was first before walking the length of the beach which confuses things due to the order i have posted. I rememeber turning and heading back and noticing the rocks thinking a better composition so stopped for a few more.

The foreground is as light as i can go without knocking the balance of the whole shot off which is why i struggled so much with it, i have processed these shots and various other so many times in the last month and finally gave in and settled for this. If i lift the levels it takes away the effect and leaves them looking boring, i did walk back along the beach in the dark struggling with my footing on occasions so really its as close to how it was at the time

Spent many a holiday up there when the kids were small, great times.

I really like them. I kind of like the darkness on the shots, but I think perhaps they would look better with a more exposed foreground. I love the silhouettes the sun creates with the hills on the horizon.

I think tis is a HUGE improvement on the original!

Back