Highland Wildlife Park

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a trip up near Aviemore recently and stumbled on this wildlife park, a couple of miles outside Kingussie. My wife and I enjoyed a couple of hours there watching the animals being fed, the macaques being my favourite. There's a timetable well worth following if you are ever there.

Thought I'd share some of my favourite shots from the day.

1.Japanese macaque
JM2.jpg

2.Japanese macaque (7 months old)
JM1.jpg

3.Red Panda
RP11.jpg

4.Amur Tiger
tigger11.jpg

5.Amur Tiger
tigger21.jpg

cheers.

Excellent pictures!
I was in Aviemore just last week (couples retreat), we were at the wildlife park on the wednesday.
I've not got round to editing all my shots but enjoyed test driving my new siggy 50-500mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I visit the HWP every year when I'm back in Scotland (except this year!).

Thanks Stuart (y)

We were there last week too, pics are from friday!

All these were taken with my 300f4 IS which was too close for a lot of shots and I was wishing I'd taken my Siggy 50-500 which was laying unloved in the bag back home :bonk:

Love the red panda and tiger(y). We've been going to Aviemore for years and only discovered the park this summer. Will certainly go again next year. If only to see the polar bear again.

Nice set.

It's not too far from me - wanted to go when we had snow but unfortunately we ended up snowed in LOL

From memory - the photography trips that are advertised on their own website a run by a member on here.

Love the red panda and tiger(y). We've been going to Aviemore for years and only discovered the park this summer. Will certainly go again next year. If only to see the polar bear again.

Thanks Helen, I was surprised to see they had a polar bear. I couldn't get a good shot of him but maybe I'll have a trip up later in the year and have another go.

Nice set.

It's not too far from me - wanted to go when we had snow but unfortunately we ended up snowed in LOL

From memory - the photography trips that are advertised on their own website a run by a member on here.

Thanks Phil, I'll have to check out their website. The weather is unpredictable at best just now, more so than usual it seems to me, come november/december I'm never sure if it's going to 20 degrees or minus 20 :LOL:

The weather is unpredictable at best just now, more so than usual it seems to me, come november/december I'm never sure if it's going to 20 degrees or minus 20 :LOL:

Tell me about it - I bought a snow shovel today after struggling to dig my car out 3 or 4 times last year and the year before. I'm in Abernethy by the way.

I'll see if I can find the thread for you regarding the photographer - here it is...

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=182341&highlight=highland+wildlife+park

Last edited:
Wow I never know they had such animals there. We go to Scotland 3 or 4 times a year and always drive past the place. For some reason with it having highlands in the name i assumed it was a deer park, not even sure why now.

Love the first tiger picture!

Back