Hiking bag recommendations (camera, lenses, tripod, crampons, etc etc)

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm in need of a bigger bag as I only have a small Osprey bag at the moment.

Does anyone of any recommendations?

I'm not fussed if it's a "dedicated camera bag". Just needs to fit all the gear in.

Big items to fit...

Camera DSLR
2 lenses wide and telephoto
Small tripod
Crampons
Ice axe
Down jacket
Extra thin layers
Food
Flask
Water bladder holder
+ few misc items such as head torch/gloves/etc.

Thanks

I would suggest f-stop bags but they can take a while to be delivered from them personally, alpinetrek have faster delivery if that is what you choose, failing that most people (not me, I have an f stop ajna) say buy a dedicated hiking bag and fit a camera holder such as the icu inside.

I’ve never had a mindshift bag but they have good reviews and are made by thinktank and I do have thinktank bags, they are the outdoor side of the company if any of those bags take your fancy.

The last option I can think of would be to get a peak design capture clip and keep your normal bag and put your camera on the strap

I would suggest f-stop bags but they can take a while to be delivered from them personally, alpinetrek have faster delivery if that is what you choose, failing that most people (not me, I have an f stop ajna) say buy a dedicated hiking bag and fit a camera holder such as the icu inside.

I’ve never had a mindshift bag but they have good reviews and are made by thinktank and I do have thinktank bags, they are the outdoor side of the company if any of those bags take your fancy.

The last option I can think of would be to get a peak design capture clip and keep your normal bag and put your camera on the strap

The fstop AJNA looks interesting, but expensive for its size. Looking at some pictures, a lot of the room is taken up by the camera gear, so I'd worry crampons/down jacket/etc wouldn't all fit.

I think I'd get more room out of a dedicated hiking bag and gives me a bit of flexibility on volume.

Maybe I'm best going to a shop with my gear, and seeing which fits it in and has good attachments for the tripod/axe.

Back