Hiking photos from the Lake District

Edit My Images
No
I've returned from a great week in the Lake District, in fact probably the best weather week I've had there, it shows in the colours around the mountains too - amazingly dry. These were all taken whilst hiking so "golden hour" light wasn't an option (mainly because I was too shattered to get out of bed early!!) - all comments welcome as usual though!!

Simon

Derwent water
derwent_water_keswick_launch_catbells_lake_district_photograph.jpg

Descending from Red Pike
Fleetwith_pike_buttermere_lake_district_photograph.jpg

View from Haystacks
Buttermere_crummock_water_photograph_lake_district.jpg

Borrowdale from Castle Crag
view_from_castle_crag_lake_district_photograph.jpg

Dale Head returning from Watendlath
dale_head_great_crags_lake_district_photograph.jpg

lovely set of photo's, they say 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration but I suspect in this case they were nearer 95% perspiration

Fantastic set, colours are crisp and nice and sharp, lovely

Very nice, it's years since I have been to the Lakes, I remember it well as we had a river running through the tent and had to come home early. I'm glad the weather was a bit kinder to you.

Thanks for the feedback...

Chris,

the Derwent water, Borrowdale and Dale Head shots are all taken with a Pentax 17-70, the Buttermere photos with a 12-24

Simon

Thanks Simon, nice shots! Quite tempted by a 17-70 as from those shots it looks an excellent lens.

Despite living close to Snowdonia the Lake District just drags me back every year, it's a special place - of the several years I've visited this is the first time I've had a week of sun and cloudless summits, it could well be my last too:LOL:

Chris - despite owning the 12-24 I still generally prefer the DA17-70, it's not quite as sharp but I find it has nicer colour contrast

Simon

Hello Simon as always great work :clap: i would also like to thank you for the link to, Wainwright's Snowdonia in photos, ordered over the weekend and looking forward to receiving it, should keep me going for a couple of years, as I hope to make it my challenge to trace the famous artists footsteps and stand where he once stood too :)

Hello Simon as always great work :clap: i would also like to thank you for the link to, Wainwright's Snowdonia in photos, ordered over the weekend and looking forward to receiving it, should keep me going for a couple of years, as I hope to make it my challenge to trace the famous artists footsteps and stand where he once stood too :)

Thanks Kevin...

Hope you enjoy our Wainwright's e-book - out of interest is it the CD that you've purchased? It took two years for myself and the rest of the team to get it all together so should keep you going for a while(y)

simonkit said:
Thanks Kevin...

Hope you enjoy our Wainwright's e-book - out of interest is it the CD that you've purchased? It took two years for myself and the rest of the team to get it all together so should keep you going for a while(y)

I ordered the A4 book from Blurb.

Last edited:
Love the 1st image, the boats lead the eye in to the guy sittin on one, not sure if it's the rule of thirds or the lead in but your eye naturally goes to him.

Really nice shots though the HDR is a little strong for me. Beautiful place though.(y)

Back