Hill House, By Charles Rennie Mackintosh

1 and 2 are really good architectural exposé's and are for me less geometric than the rest...being isometric in vp
1 has good black to white conversion using filtration to darken the sky??
decent building

cheers
geof

Thanks Geof. What does isometric in vp mean? I'm a bit dense

isometric is sort of viewing at an angle of around 45* to the horizontal and around 30* to the vertical...so that a 2D shot tends to look 3D...ie you show all three axes

vp is just viewpoint...

just what i liked was the shot from the angle although you didnt get any real elevation or depression on the vertical...so my choice of words may have been a bit inaccurate...the only way i could think of expressing it being an ex draughtsman and sketcher...site sketches of pipework etc

cheers
geof

I got to ask the question, how are they exposure wise, are they a bit dark, I sent them into my work PC and I couldn't make the detail out in the shadows of 1, but can easily on this one. I am wondering if the screen is too bright

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/MONCAL/CALIBRATE.HTM

On the whites here, I can just make out 254 but on the blacks really struggle to make out 5.

I got to ask the question, how are they exposure wise, are they a bit dark, I sent them into my work PC and I couldn't make the detail out in the shadows of 1, but can easily on this one. I am wondering if the screen is too bright

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ARTS/MONCAL/CALIBRATE.HTM

On the whites here, I can just make out 254 but on the blacks really struggle to make out 5.

i tend to underexpose since highlights are denser...if that is possible...and one can claw back from the shadows some detail...a throwback from my tranny days..always u-ex 1/3 to 2/3 stop...for saturation

i use a laptop and apparently they are not able to be calibrated since whatever angle you look at them...vertically..you get differing effects

i sit back about 40cm and at right angles to the screen... that is the one i usually go for...
my prints come out ok using that

but i expect a decent monitor should be calibrated and then stick to that one...the one at your work may not be

cheers
geof

Back