Hiring a wedding videographer AND photographer

Name
Isla Cox
Edit My Images
Yes
My sister is getting married next year and I'm here to help her out. As early as of now, we’re already looking for wedding vendors so we can work with. When my mum heard about this, she suggested that we should hire a wedding photographer to capture the important moments of her special day like our parents’ toast, walk down the aisle, and more. The problem here is, we already found and booked a videographer, so should we still hire this wedding photographer? All your opinion will be really helpful, thanks!

A videographer will create a video of your wedding. Some even make 3-4 minute trailers to summarise the event. But the videographer will not (usually) give you photographs of the event. You need a photographer for that. It's not unheard of to have both - certainly at my wedding we had a photographer and a separate videographer.

It might be worth speaking to the videographer to see if they also offer photography or will recommend photographers who they got on with.

Last edited:
Some videographers will give stills cut from the video footage as photographs, they are usually pretty terrible.

Most couples I speak to are much more interested in photographs than video, then again I am a wedding photographer. Video is usually seen as a nice bonus to have of the day if the budget is available. Have never heard of someone choosing a videographer before a photographer before. Most videographers I speak too only book work 3-4 months in advance where as we have people booking us 2 years in advance.

Depends what the o.p's sister wants though maybe photography isn't something she cares about

Back