Hitchin a ride

Bexx,We spend hours chasing these,from my point of view a joy to view and a bit of jealousy as that type of shot would be beyond me and beyond amazing to achieve with my orrible lot. I really wish you had of pulled back slightly on the zoom Bexx and got the antlers in. At the mo I probably wouldn't be this close either,although I can find no case recorded of a fallow buck harming someone,the boys are a bit nutz now.. Bexx i'm no great shake as a tog so take that in mind with this crit clever use of dof maybe could could pull back the Bg highlights,but woodland and bright dappled light are something I adore but struggle with post wise . Ahh Bexx a jacky as well,thanks for sharing this were you on foot ? Tell me about your fallow please?

With the biggest smile I'm going to go off now saying I hate you lmao,isn't it hard framing under these conditions,is it cropped at all? The oof tree to the left sort of scuppers bring in more on the left although I do like the framing possibly there was more to be had when you took the shot ,but as I say I know first hand how hard that is in the heat of the moment and don't think I would have done as well as you have
Very cool mate well done and thankyou

Take care

Stu

Ha ha, I'm from the town of Hitchin so thought this might have been taken there until I saw the g on the end of the Flickr title.

Cracking shot, Becca, it's a stunner.

Becca.

as a start my comments would be

composition - if you could create space for the Deer to look into that may be better

technicals - there is a lot of bg noise around - "coal dust" noise I call it - if you can reduce that it would show and improvement

Just for STARTERS - 2 mins in photoshop - it needs longer to smarten it up - BUT just to give you an idea - I would also think about getting rid of the other tree or toning it down considerably because of the noise

also watch out for halos created in processing, (as I have done around the bird, for example) - and finish the edges off well, (I have left a few unfinished to illustrate)

What were your camera settings, I would look at these to decide if you can get a better technical quality OOC - noise-wise especially

Becca.jpg

Last edited:
forum limit is 1024 pixels along the largest edge- just so you know:) :)

shame is is so tight as crop- ruins it for me- sorry, I like to see all of their Antlers

Les;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back