Hitech 85mm set up - 28mm FOV??

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.

Quick filter related question please......

The 85mm version of the Hitech modular holder with the CPL mounted on the front similar to below.... Will that be okay for a 28mm full frame lens does anyone know vignetting wise?? I can't seem to find a definitive answer!!!

I probably would reduce it down to just one filter slot anyway.

polaghost.jpg

I use one with a 12mm m43 58mm lens giving a FOV of 24mm on FF and it’s fine with 3 filters and a CPL. My 8.5mm, giving 17mm at 67mm lens size however, vignettes.

Hope that’s useful

Jas

Cool - Thanks :)

I sold my Lee 100mm set up years ago when I sold my Canon 17-40L

I've recently dug out the old cheap plastic Kood/Cokin stuff but the holder/attachment really bugs me........

If I can pick up the Hitech set up, I can use my existing 85mm square grads & get the CPL attachment & a 95mm CPL at a later date. Or straight away, see how my patience lasts......

I have the 85mm Hitech system on a Nikon D7000 at 16mm there was possibly a tiny bit of vignette. But on my micro four thirds at 12mm no signs of a vignette but both give a FF equivalent of 24mm. On the Nikon buy the time I had zoomed to 17-18mm the vignette was gone. That was filter holder with two slots and polariser. One slot was a deep slot for a 6 stop filter with a gasket.

Back