Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I could have sworn that I registered here a few weeks back :ponders:

Oh well, yet another sign of increasing senility :nut:

Hiya all
animate071.gif

I currently have an SD9 but have now, after weeks of deliberation, decided to part with it. I just don't have the time to enjoy it properly. I've recently been considering an 30D or a bargain second hand 20D but thinking about these options has only highlighted the fact that such a camera would be wasted on me at present. I'll wait a few years until I retire - as opposed to being part-time retired, part-time idle git.

I'm now looking at other options and the Canon S80 is at the top of the ever changing short list. I think I'll be buying before the end of my financial year :p

cya

love the smilies :coffee:

Hi there :) I'd have thought the SD9 a better camera than any of the compacts you can get?

Yes, but. No, but!

It is. But I'll be doing lots of travelling this year and whilst I've taken some fantastic (my opinion, OK!) pictures on my travels with the SD9 in the past, I'm now after the simple life with less to carry around and a wish to only image manipulate when I want to - not every time as the SD9 only shoots in RAW. I'm also sure that a compact will be used far more.

So, for the next couple of years, a non-SLR and relatively compact camera will do me. I'll come back to the SLR market for the Canon 50D :shock:

Hi John

Glad to have you sign up and join in :) How's it going?

Well peekaboo there stranger :)
Looking at your avatar you seem to have lost a bit of hair. :D

Glad you found us, how the devil are you these days? Still got the travel bug with your good lady?

Don't forget, if you want to share some of those piccies with us, we'd love to see them. Just PM Matty with a password of your choosing and we'll set up a free gallery for you.

Regards

Hello and Welcome:thumb:
:welcome:

Marcel said:
Looking at your avatar you seem to have lost a bit of hair. :D
and I see from Steve's that he hasn't gained any :D :D

Although you appear to have :)

I'm doing fine Steve. Although I'd be a lot happier living where you are now. I know the country has changed a great deal since I last lived there but, even so, it wouldn't take much for me to move :) I do envy you :smilenod:

Welcome 2blue4u, glad you joined up!

Welcome to the madhouse.

Sanity is a socially acceptable level of madness.

Hi everyone just become a menber to this forum and hope post many good pic and will welcome any comnets or tipes that you may have what will help to take a good pic many thank Mr t Dust

:thinking:

You would do better starting you own hello thread Mr.T as it will be a bit lost here :)

:thinking:

You would do better starting you own hello thread Mr.T as it will be a bit lost here :)

Wise words there robert, but you have to give him top marks for randomness (y)

welcome to tpf though Mr T

hello Robert i try to start my own thread but it told me i dont have permission to do u have any i dears on how to start on and plus where do i go to post my pic's chat soon mr.tdust

hello Robert i try to start my own thread but it told me i dont have permission to do u have any i dears on how to start on and plus where do i go to post my pic's chat soon mr.tdust

poor fella.

should take a couple of days to get verified as a "full" member,

if you click the forum link at the top of the page it will direct you to the main forum headings.

post your pics in the relevent forums.

*note* out of focus isnt an area for you to post your duff shots, this is where we talk about thing not photography related.

HTH

:bonk: :wave:

Back