Hmm - something's odd!

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
So, I have an Agat 18K in the collection already - and an Agat 18 came up on Ebay so I went for it. The 18 was made for the Russian market, but anyway, when it arrived it was not the same camera I thought I was buying - the seller, upon getting my message telling him this replied "sorry, what do you mean with not that camera !"

I give you, on the left, the camera I have here and on the right, the camera in the sale. No mention was made that this was not the camera - the auction details were just a cut and paste of the Wikipedia (I think) entry for the 18K.

agat.jpg

To make things worse, on close inspection, it looks like I have two halves of different cameras! The left is much duller finish-wise than the right side... even the lenses are different, not to mention the shutter button and the huge scratches.

I await his reply to my re-stating that the camera on my desk is demonstrably *not* the one in the sale.

Arthur

Interesting.

Just had a look around Google and can see that the Agat 18 seems to have come in a couple of colours as the images you have above:

http://sovietcams.com/index.php?-618394988

Link shows some more variety but I can't work out if the 18 and 18K were different models :shrug:

Thanks Knikki - yes, they are different, the K was an export model so ASA rather than DIN, also it does not have a captive take up spool rather it uses a loose one. Also, the 18 has a CCCP logo on the rear and a clear round "bubble lens cap - the K has a teardrop-shaped black one that covers the shutter release also. Then there is the shutter release button... with and without remote cable hole.

As a collector, I wanted both!

Arthur

The story so far!

Moi:
Hi there - the camera I have received today is not the camera in the auction. Can you explain to me why that is please?

Reply:
sorry, what do you mean with not that camera !

Moi:
Well, the camera in the picture in the auction is not the camera I have on the desk in front of me... simple enough I thought.

Reply:
sorry, i don't understand. it is the same as in the picture! or is it a SLR or what ?! why it's not the same as in the picture ?! please explain me!

Moi:
OK then. The camera in the picture does not have scratches across the front. The camera in the picture does not look like two halves of a different cameras. The camera in the picture does not have a remote shutter hole . The camera I have here has all these... they are not "options" I really wanted.

Reply:
yeah. i didn't see some scratches and about two parts i don't know. aaa, now i see that about remote hole. ok, i didn't know that they have different models, so i guess, i mixed the cameras when sent them.
sorry for that, you can send it back and i refund a money.

Moi:
Ah - so you will refund postage as well then? For the return also?

We shall see, no?

Arthur

I think you have been flogged a dodgy russian copy by the look of it :thinking:

Back