Hmm, spot the mistake in this listing

Do nikon make a lens with a canon fitment?

For that price i'd suspect there is something a little wrong somewhere.

There's a long time to go yet, I expect the price will climb much higher. Someone should write and ask why he's including a Nikon lens though. He doesn't say it will fit the camera mind, just that it's included.

Just seeing that camera lying on it's back with no body cap makes, me wonder about how it's been treated. :(

I thought that aboutt the Nikon lens then thought "Nah, surely there's an adapter somewhere"

Also what CT says about the dust rainfall being allowed in ;)

It'll probably jump in price before the auction ends, but I personally thing it's iffy.

Surely anyone who owns a 1D of any calibre, and is selling it with a couple of lenses, would actually discuss the camera, and also at least describe the lenses they're selling, rather than cut and paste the official Canon blurb, and then rely on the pics for the lenses.

I'll bet 50p and a night of washing up duty that it's stolen.

Marcel said:
I'll bet 50p and a night of washing up duty that it's stolen.

That would be my guess to:hand:

It's not nicknamed:-

fleabay

and

eblag

for nothing, one of the motorbike forums I frequent a lot keep an eye out for stolen bike parts, to no surprise, they appear!!!!

Scarey place!
Carl.

I think it's a good place for either second hand general stuff, or cheap asian imports (like accessories for Nintendos etc).

The expensive stuff is just too messy an area to get into.

The second one is a well known eBay canon distributor.

I wouldn't touch the first one with a barge pole. Low feedback, inactive for ages, two low value purchases and all of a sudden there's a high value item showing 1D's stacked up, gmail addy in the description. Hmmmm :suspect1:

Edit: also look at the other items, all multiple units of high value goods, can't be sure but I'd bet a 1D on that being a hacked/stolen account :(

Seconds on my watch list ;)

The second one is a well known legitimate Canon reseller. They usually shift the Canon return/repairs and have a very good reputation. :)

minimeeze said:
Questions asked ;)....waiting for reply!
I actually got a reply !!

Hi, Sorry for the slow reply, I'm on holday till monday. My brother owns it he's a freelance camera man but he on a project in NZ for a couple of years and so asked me sell some of his kit for him. I'm waiting for him to give an answer to your question. I see why a different lens would be an issue though. I'll have a look for a converter. Thanks

Well, if it's genuine, then the current bid price is a bargain even if it was body only, although with 2 days to go the bidding may well go higher. I don't see the Nikon lens as being an issue, I'd just sell it on.

The fact that the guy is selling for his brother explains the lack of info about the history of the camera - again - if it's true.

Just be a bit careful peeps. ;)

dod said:
I actually got a reply !!

Yep, I got exactly the same reply too...

''My brother owns it he's a freelance camera man but he on a project in NZ for a couple of years and so asked me sell some of his kit for him. I'm waiting for him to give an answer to your question. I see why a different lens would be an issue though. I'll have a look for a converter. Thanks''

Back