Hmmm

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
@sk66 Steve I tried me best to run with your inspiring post.................my lighting was NOT up to the job i've tried to add to me failings in PS with some mad mask. Very interestiing runniing with this mate I'd buy ya a beer on this one. learnt a stack here thak you.

Mate the trouble with this is beiing VERY sleep deprived and no subject blocking the light shining back at ya which will give the rim light is subject sits on the sixpence I wanted it to, Image made around 2AM and I'm a basket case so all things considered it's a fair stab. Just wish I'd have thought harder many hours earlier about how to balance the lights facing away from me and backtowards me

1/400 f5 ISO 16,000................cropped from 2;3 to 45 shot in portrait 1dxii 400DOii 3 rotolight neos facing away from me and a dewalt work light for added power a head torch facing back and a radial gradient mask added in PSCC to light the back a bit

Not an easy frame to aquire even with foxes that are proper bonkers wild being very kind. (read the word pity in there)....but an absolute blast trying and to fathom this

Steven ta you always make me think (y)

_S2I5463 rim light experiment smj Tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

To all crit welcome rip it up ta for reading seeya

stu

That's a fair bit better than where you started from! And yeah, anything "creative" combined with wildlife can be a real struggle...

Sorry for not replying sooner... I was away off-grid for a couple weeks.

That's a fair bit better than where you started from! And yeah, anything "creative" combined with wildlife can be a real struggle...

Sorry for not replying sooner... I was away off-grid for a couple weeks.

No apologies I wish I was way off grid right now. Desparately hard this Steven being low sleep deprived in the dead of night and waiting for a subject to block out that light coming back at you is hard on tired eyes...not saying it's not worthy of exploration, but yup harder than I imagined it would be ;)

No apologies I wish I was way off grid right now. Desparately hard this Steven being low sleep deprived in the dead of night and waiting for a subject to block out that light coming back at you is hard on tired eyes...not saying it's not worthy of exploration, but yup harder than I imagined it would be ;)
Well, you could try side lighting which is a lot more forgiving (and what I meant by rim lighting; as opposed to back lighting). Also, consider images that are more about the mood/light and less about details... e.g. a silhouette; that's much less demanding of more complicated lighting setups.

Buddy could you illustrate what you mean with a couple of frames please? I feel I'm missing what you are trying to teach me ...........show me

Mate thanks for taking the time it is really appreciated (y)

Gotcha !! a picture paints a 1000 words an all that..............thank you for your patience mate :) I am pretty close to beiing 5 and a 1/2 cans short of a six pack right now, so appeciate your persistance.

Buddy as an aside fabulous photography, love both frames but I properly adore the black swan.that's an absolute stonker of an image, just fabulous Steve. I have worked with them Steven helped breed care for etc etc.tis funny they seem quite big until tucked under one's arm.gorgeous birds

Thank you.

Back