Hobby the Dragon Slayer

Name
Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Strumpshaw Fen again today looking for Kingfisher when the Hobby showed up and gave an unforgetable display.

All 300 2.8 +2X, AI Servo, handheld, heavily cropped and 5,6,&7 from a 1 second burst.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_00611.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_00811.JPG

Thanks for looking.
Mitch

Hmmm ... I think you ought to be banned from ever going there again ... ever ... :shrug:

Far too good for your own good Mitch ... :cautious:

:clap:

08.gif

OMG!!! awesome captures... the Hobby - what a glorious bird she is. How lucky you are to have seen one let alone capture it in full predator mode. Nice one (y)

Nice shots (y)

I must go there sometime. I don't think we ever got round to it when we were in Norfolk, although it was on the "list"!

Thanks Ven, John & Ewan, It was amazing to watch the Hobby catch, Pluck and eat Dragonflies in flight.

If any of you peeps fancy a trip to Strumpshaw Fen i'd be more than happy to guide you around.

Thanks Ven, John & Ewan, It was amazing to watch the Hobby catch, Pluck and eat Dragonflies in flight.

If any of you peeps fancy a trip to Strumpshaw Fen i'd be more than happy to guide you around.

That is a very kind offer Mitch ... :clap:

The one thing I would dearly love to see at SF and have so far failed miserably when I have been in the past ... is a Swallow-Tail Flutterby ... :love:

Too late in the year for them now of course ... :cautious: ... maybe next year ... :shrug:

:p

Thanks AJ

Ven, the Warden said it had been a really bad year for the Swallowtails which does not bode well for next year.:shrug:

:LOL: ... think he says that every year Mitch ... :cautious:

I don't believe they have them really ... :D ... it's just a ploy to get more visitors ... :shrug:

:p

fantastic set mate, :clap:(y)

Thanks Ladylens,Richie,Ian and Oliver.

Anytime Ian.in fact anyone.(y)

Back