Hogs on video

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I generally don't shoot video, except on my trail cam. I leave it out a couple of nights a week, and sometimes I get something worth keeping (I didn't put it out the night I almost stepped on two hogs making hoglets). I thought this behavior may be interesting.

This clip was from earlier in the week, it's not uncommon to have 4 or 5 in the garden at the same time, but recently they have started to get competitive about food, as you can see here. All over after 15 seconds...

Hogs go to war by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

When the third hog appears, I thought he going to 'clean up' the food bowl while the other two are discussing it!!

When the third hog appears, I thought he going to 'clean up' the food bowl while the other two are discussing it!!
The next video shows him being chased off by another hog. It's funny how they roll themselves up, and then get rolled all around the garden :ROFLMAO:

That's brilliant. I've seen this behaviour in our garden, it's quite often the female trying to refuse a male's advances. They like playing hard to get. A female can have several broods a year, this is why there are so many small hoglets around in autumn. I over wintered 5 last year in my shed.

Back