Holà from Andalucia

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hello from Southern Spain.
I've been a film photographer since the age of 9, although I did dip my toes into the murky waters of the digital world a few years ago, but found I was constantly swimming against the tide. I have about 15 film cameras, from half-frame to 6x7, but mainly work in 35mm and solely in B&W. I still have a digital camera, which I use just for colour "family snaps". All my serious work is aimed at making prints, both conventionally or inkjet, and any images I post are scans of prints.
My day to day camera is a Nikon F5, with another 4 Nikons to back it up. I also have 4 single digit OMs, a couple of Bronicas , a Yashics TLR, Pen EEs and a Koni Omega,. In the past I've used Pentax cameras like the S1a, which I still have, through to the ME Super. I have been making images for more decades than I care to remember but still find things to learn and to experiment with.
I'm looking forward to getting to know and enjoy it here with fellow enthusiasts.

Hi John, welcome and enjoy the forum :wave:

Lets see some of your work (y)

Welcome, can you still get Spanish made black and white film and paper. Back iin the late 50s when I worked there, there were two makers Valcor, and Negtor.

Sadly I haven't been able to find any sign of either, so, presumably they have ceased to exist. As I've yet to come across another film photographer locally, I rather doubt that their are any. Mind you, when I lived in central France for 10 years before coming to Spain, I rarely saw a film photographer either, but at least there was an outlet for materials close to Limoges.

Hi John, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Back