Hola people!

• Thread starter TheLostPhotographer
  • Start date
T

TheLostPhotographer

I come here to say hello because I just got instantly banned from the Amateur Photographer forums. I have no idea why. I'm just a photographer/artist plodding my way through life. Perhaps I scared IPC media? Who knows?

Anyway, hello folks. I'm not a money grabbing corp - I'm just me and I hope I will be welcome here.

Let's see!

Hello :)

If you really did do nothing wrong they probably have a ban in place for your IP address range because of someone else being the problem.

Seems I'm still welcome here :)

Very strange. Don't understand why Amateur Photographer banned me. Last time I buy a copy of their magazine. I suspect their subscriptions and sales are dwindling. Perhaps they're going down the pan.

Definitely a ban on me - not the IP range. I registered again just to make my point and was immediately banned again. This time they did give a reason; 'You have already been removed from this forum'.

:D

Have you asked them why you were banned?

I've emailed them, but have not as yet received a reply.

Hi,

Can you please tell me why I was banned from your forum in the first instance. i.e. Why was my original account suspended? TheLostPhotographer.

Many people are asking me why I was banned and I don't know what to tell them.

Thanks.

Your reply will be made public on various photography related forums.

John Haydn Colley.

Ah! Apparently I wasn't banned :D

I am now! Just read the thread on the AP forum. Makes me look very stupid. When I first tried to log in I got an 'account suspended' message or, at least that's what I thought. So, I created a new account from a new web browser as I couldn't access the forum at all from the original browser I was using.

However, I fully admit to being under the influence of a bit of fine Rioja at the time. Could well have been my own mistake and my own stupidity.

Nevermind.

Hiya stranger :)

How's things in sunny Granada?

Sunny :) And to hot to do anything other than desk work or, lounging in the pool. I'm currently documenting a Three week period that includes Solstice and St John's day celebrations whilst the festival of music and dance is happening. Long lazy nights walking the streets with cheapo-retro range finders. Only problem is that I can't find a lab here that will do better than a 10 day turnaround on B&W film. The digital thing is hitting Spain hard these days.

In an effort to cut down the amount of time spent on web forums I have started joining forums with a 'get myself banned' type attitude because I'm incapable of self-discipline. Or, something like that. Really didn't like the way AP forums are run.

Might just stick to my personal favourite web forums before I do my online image any more damage :D At least over there people know what to expect from me after hours ;)

Nah - you've come to the right place, mate...

Ah! Apparently I wasn't banned :D

I am now! Just read the thread on the AP forum. Makes me look very stupid. When I first tried to log in I got an 'account suspended' message or, at least that's what I thought. So, I created a new account from a new web browser as I couldn't access the forum at all from the original browser I was using.

However, I fully admit to being under the influence of a bit of fine Rioja at the time. Could well have been my own mistake and my own stupidity.

Nevermind.

Ahhh. I guess they have to manually activate each account. Lots of places do that to keep certain people away. Thankfully not here. We don't have enough troublemakers just yet ;) Welcome aboard.

Hi and welcome :wave:

Back