Hold On Tight

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Another one that I salvaged from the rowing ant shots I did a few weeks back, I like the way the ant is holding onto the petal boat on this one :) Not as sharp as the previous one though.

Thanks for looking

Matt

Surfer by mattd85, on Flickr

love the over all colour feel on this image Matt,maybe a tad soft and a tad central for me though, could benefit from a slight crop right of shot maybe?

Les (y)

Wow love that! Someone's off on an adventure!

Great image, brilliant lighting and I love the reflection :)

Cracker Matt, seen this on Flickr. Looks like its pretty high on explore (don't add it to any groups and it'll easy get front page I reckon, if you're bothered). Something I want to attempt at some point.....If only I can find some surfing ants :)

Last edited:
I keep coming back to this image, convinced I will find something I don't like - but I can't! Macro and beasties aren't really my thing but I love this to bits, a superb example and should be a real inspiration to anyone who enjoys this kind of photography or wants to. FWIW Matt, I actually prefer this to your previous one, possibly because you can anthropomorphise it more, it really does look like a little man steering his raft, but overall a cracking image :clap: :clap:

Cracker Matt, seen this on Flickr. Looks like its pretty high on explore (don't add it to any groups and it'll easy get front page I reckon, if you're bothered). Something I want to attempt at some point.....If only I can find some surfing ants :)

Thanks , glad I turned my phone off last night , just turned it on to 190 notifications from flickr haha.

You're right about explore, it's currently no 17 :)

I keep coming back to this image, convinced I will find something I don't like - but I can't! Macro and beasties aren't really my thing but I love this to bits, a superb example and should be a real inspiration to anyone who enjoys this kind of photography or wants to. FWIW Matt, I actually prefer this to your previous one, possibly because you can anthropomorphise it more, it really does look like a little man steering his raft, but overall a cracking image :clap: :clap:

Thanks Yv, had to google 'anthropomorphise' though haha.

Thanks , glad I turned my phone off last night , just turned it on to 190 notifications from flickr haha.

Thanks Yv, had to google 'anthropomorphise' though haha.

Amazing pic Matt! Really happy for you with the response you're getting for it! :)

Nice one Matt. I know a lot of people dont care for explore but I think its good to get your images seen. Ive also had images printed in What Digital Camera magazine and sold some on Getty (although I don't use them now)off the back of Explore!

Thanks again everyone , currently sitting at #1 on flickr explore :)

Nice one Matt, you'll probably find your next two or three will do well now then it'll go dead for a couple of months, Ive noticed bit of a pattern :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, Just checking the flickr views for today and its over 13000!! The Ant pic alone nearing 9000 views, nearly 1000 favs and 200 comments :)

Really happy, it's a shame I don't have a business website to plug with all that audience :)

Just love it. Shot of the month!

Hang on, didn;t you get hitched the other week? Shouldn't you be doing, you know...

Coitus!

Thanks Tim, Just checking the flickr views for today and its over 13000!! The Ant pic alone nearing 9000 views, nearly 1000 favs and 200 comments :)

Really happy, it's a shame I don't have a business website to plug with all that audience :)

I've linked my facebook page on Flickr when my shots are going well on Explore, tbh it didn't send much traffic that way. Worth trying?

Back