Holga - Making bad images beautiful

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of the results from the first roll of film from my Holga 135. Some dodgy results, but thats what its all about... happy accidents.

Once I learn to tame this beast I hope to get some much better stuff, quite happy with these though for the minute.

CNV00005_v2.jpg

CNV00009_v2.jpg

CNV00017_v2.jpg

CNV00018_v2.jpg

CNV00021_v2.jpg

CNV00022_v2.jpg

CNV00024_v2.jpg

CNV00025_v2.jpg

I actually really like the effect Holga has. there is somehting very vintage about it. :D
I love coffee table on the street one

I really like these Xeno... (y) ... and I think t is great that you are experimenting in this way... :D

Love to see more as you progress... ;)

I have a Holga that still has my first roll of fillum sitting in it... :eek:

:p

As I said to you on IRC; they are bad...

...but the quality is weirdly beautiful.

Good for a Holga!

I like the last one, but that could perhaps be because I like the cup-cakes that that cafe sells on Goodge St:D

Also, did you walk all the way from St Pauls to Goodge St? Thats quite a walk, I though that I am the only one mad enough to perform such feats:LOL:

Great, I really like what the holga does to pictures. Were you using an old out of date film? The only picture that is a bit out of place,is the dust cart. That just looks like a bad photo.

Good for a Holga!

I like the last one, but that could perhaps be because I like the cup-cakes that that cafe sells on Goodge St:D

Also, did you walk all the way from St Pauls to Goodge St? Thats quite a walk, I though that I am the only one mad enough to perform such feats:LOL:

Yeah man that shop is pretty awesome. Shame the cakes are more expensive than the coffee!

I often walk from Tower Hill either along the thames or up into Cheap Side and Farringdon then across to Oxford Circus, mostly cos I like the grit of Farringdon. Never get the tube/bus in central, just walk everywhere.

Great, I really like what the holga does to pictures. Were you using an old out of date film? The only picture that is a bit out of place,is the dust cart. That just looks like a bad photo.

Film was new, but was crappy Boots film, 200 ASA. Bought it because I'm poor and also because I realised I didn't have the be picky with film with a Holga.

Indeed it might be out of place, I sort of like it though, looks a little barren.

I really like these Xeno... (y) ... and I think t is great that you are experimenting in this way... :D

Love to see more as you progress... ;)

I have a Holga that still has my first roll of fillum sitting in it... :eek:
:p

Get that film processed before it's unusable!

Thanks for all the comments guys.

in my younger years I worked on one of those posh markets stalls for a saturday job. they had tonnes of those cupcakes and I got to take home all the ones that didn't sell!

I don't bus or tube either. allways walk. havent done one to/from farringfon,i have walked bloody bloody far though. took the dlr to grenwich, walked back along the thames past canary warf to the city, crossed the thames at tower bridge, walked down to westminster bridge, walked past all the ministries and parliament to victoria, behind buckingham palace, through hyde park, through mayfair and back to my dingy flat!

ouch that was a long walk. with camera in tow. it was the result of an argument with someone who didn't believe that I could do it. in winter. :LOL: they wanted to give up!

in my younger years I worked on one of those posh markets stalls for a saturday job. they had tonnes of those cupcakes and I got to take home all the ones that didn't sell!

I don't bus or tube either. allways walk. havent done one to/from farringfon,i have walked bloody bloody far though. took the dlr to grenwich, walked back along the thames past canary warf to the city, crossed the thames at tower bridge, walked down to westminster bridge, walked past all the ministries and parliament to victoria, behind buckingham palace, through hyde park, through mayfair and back to my dingy flat!

ouch that was a long walk. with camera in tow. it was the result of an argument with someone who didn't believe that I could do it. in winter. :LOL: they wanted to give up!

Indeed, any walk that starts in Greenwich and ends in Victoria is a long one. I find walking around suprisingly easy though, as theres always something to hold your attention. And if you want to take photos (especially street), theres no other option.

walking is cool! lol, i find though, that if I plan a long walk, I can double the time it will take if I bring a camera along! Which is annoying sometimes because if I go walking, I know I will regret not taking the camera, but If I take the camera, I wont get to the end in time!

catch-22 i guess :LOL:

Back