Holga on a nikon

You'd be stupid. And the link doesn't work.

LensBaby?

I bought one, partly as a joke, partly as a toy. Haven't had a proper chance to play with it yet, though holding it off the lens mount gives some awesome light leak effects that go well with the 'look'.

If anything, disappointed that it's not -more- crap. It vignettes a bit on full frame, but not too much on crop.

I want to use it for video as well as stills... might put it on the RED ONE digital cinema camera one day for a laugh.... :D

Okay - you'd be stupid to buy that lens. Mainly because you could get the same thing (only not red!) here!

I think the main problem will be that the lens was originally engineered (okay - maybe thats a bit strong a word for it) to produce an image circle getting close to 60mm square. Okay, it vignetted a bit, and was only sharp in the center of the shot, but that's exactly what you'll be getting with a crop sensor digital - 23.6 x 15.8 mm.

So I'm guessing that what dave said will probably be pretty universal - it'll be okay, but probably not crepe enough for the true holga experience. Still, at £12 it's got to be worth a punt :shrug:

Or an even cheaper option..

Take your lens/body cap off.
Place a peice of clingfilm infront of the camera.

Voila! You have yourself a holga lens.
:clap:

Or an even cheaper option..

Take your lens/body cap off.
Place a peice of clingfilm infront of the camera.

Voila! You have yourself a holga lens.
:clap:

That's an insult to clingfilm.
You can wrap sandwiches in clingfilm, can't do anything as useful as that with a Holga lens!

Bought one of these a while back. Nowhere near as good as a real Holga for the obvious reasons.... no light leaks, no vignetting due to the cropped sensor, etc. But well worth a few quid.

But guess what? They've upgraded it - CLICKY HERE! It now comes with the promise of even more Holga-ness.

Hmmn, to buy or not to buy?

adrianday said:
Bought one of these a while back. Nowhere near as good as a real Holga for the obvious reasons.... no light leaks, no vignetting due to the cropped sensor, etc. But well worth a few quid.

But guess what? They've upgraded it - CLICKY HERE! It now comes with the promise of even more Holga-ness.

I tried the Diana converter on my 7D. I found that: the shots were so soft it looked like they'd been shot through a plastic bag; focus was more or less irrelevant; the focal length was really too long. You don't see the lovely lens defects because you are shooting through a really small bit of it. So now when I want to shoot lomo stuff I start up the Hipstamatic app on my IPhone.

Its not otfen you see that some has upgraded a lens and get a link to something that cost 24 quid!

Had a look at the images. they are not crap enough to be arty. you could achive a similar look from not knowing how to work a camera! :D

Stuart

Back