Holga pin hole lens

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
I was wondering "sharp" these lenses are. I was looking at buying a 120 pin hole camera but their about £50+. I know the holga lenses aren't sharp but I've seen some photos that look better than others, I'm looking to do long exposure black and white with it

You could just buy or make a pinhole plate and fit it inside a lens cap with a hole drilled into the centre. That's pretty much all the Holga lens is and will be as sharp.

I printed my own pinhole body and used a brass plate pinhole and Graflex 120 rollfilm back.

IMG_1490487271.427171.jpg

IMG_1490487283.770078.jpg

I have just seen a video on making one using an old drinks can, might have a go tomorrow

A Holga pinhole camera from Mrcad is only £27.99 LINK
I did look at getting one as I have some 120 film laying around but as far as I know unless you get the wide version they don't come with a shutter release, I like doing long exposures

I use the Holga Pinhole lens on my Dslr's - I love it! One of these beasties:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holga-HPL...hash=item5b0bfbffcd:m:mu5NN11ULHDHkmsXf6A3wgg

I did make a couple of lens cap pinhole lenses but they weren't sharp enough and, let's face it , we are not looking for ultimate sharpness here! If a pinhole lens were reasonably sharp the the whole effect would be lost!

I find the Holga (above) to be just right for my uses though there is one important point to note, namely it does not cover a 35mm sensor/film. It is fine with APSC but vignettes badly on full frame. However the solution is easy and very cheap. Simply fit a 13mm, or longer, extension tube and full frame is covered - or better still buy the cheap plastic ones from Fleabay and you have a set of 3 so you can vary your focal length!

These lenses are great fun!

I have a holga pinhole lens for 4/3 but I have yet to try it on my m4/3

PB053419 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Back