Holiday snapper?

Name
jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the good lady has saved up over the last couple of years to pay for flights to San Francisco later on this year as a treat for my half century!

So the question is, not wanting to lug round the D90 I want to buy a decent compact to take, what would you recommend? P7000 looks good on initial research, not handled one to see if it is compact enough. But anyway what suggestions do you have?

thanks

Jon

P7100 is a really nice camera and is better than the P7000 which it replaces. The results are impressive for such a small sensor. But I would be inclined to take the D90 with a medium zoom. Nothing too long as everything is BIG over there......
Allan

Hi again, and thanks for your feedback. Had my suspicions that the D90 would be coming with us! Allunm by a medium zoom do you mean something like a 17-70mm?, or what would you suggest? And MisterE, yes have been told to book up Alcatraz well in advance.................suppose I had better get my passport renewed!!

thanks all

Jon

Late addition - been away on another trip. Don't forget the online ESTA part of the US trip to be done before flying.

And practice your subdued and low light handheld settings for inside Alcatraz.

Back