Holiday steam trains

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks
had some fun at the Steam Train events in my region this Holiday period.. sadly the weather throughout everywhere I have been has been very cold and very cloudy

not a good recipe for good photo's - so no wall hangars this time round
a few of the better one's for my efforts
447393335_UXCF6-L.jpg

447392968_NmeTN-L.jpg

447933071_RcTLL-L.jpg

447932284_FSLy4-L.jpg

447391765_s6Ep9-L.jpg

447934138_2S9vp-L.jpg

thanks for looking
Chris

Pic 6 for me too.

It's a pity they stuck that BR coach directly behind the A4 immediately makes it look wrong!

I loved looking at these ,and disagree ,a few of these would look great on the wall .

3 is great,with grimy background and passengers looking out of carriage doors and windows.

1 ,is a great looking site,

6 is my favourite,nice angle and composure.

Pons

Fantastic shots, always wanted to shoot this subject.
3 is my fav

#6 for me (y)

The processing on the last really works. Strongest of the set. Is the first the Mallard?

Gary.

Number 6 is good as I like the view from beneath the steam plume - and the colour you've caught in the image. Saying that though, they are all good photos as the subject lends itself to nostalgia and that is always a good thing IMO.

The processing on the last really works. Strongest of the set. Is the first the Mallard?

Gary.

I'm fairly sure that Mallard is in the Science Museum in London. The shot is of an identical loco. It's a design by Sir Nigel Gresley, an A4 for the London North Eastern Railway and the loco is named after him.

Kev

3&6 for me. Most excellent set of photo's. Steam trains are a superb subject.

As some of you are probably aware by now, I am a bit of an armchair train buff as I love looking at train books.
And needless to say, I'm very pleased to have checked out this thread. What a fantastic collection of steam train pictures. Plenty of variety too (not focused on one particular steam engine)!
Good work!

Back