Holiday....

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
....just back after two thoroughly enjoyable weeks in the Outer Hebrides - time now to get down to going through the large number of pics I took, and of course trawling through the posts on here to see what I've missed!

If anyone fancies a holiday with a difference in the UK, with some fantactic opportunities photographically (a stone circle older than Stonehenge, among other things!) then the Western Isles are for you!

ooh, you bugger! Hope it didn't rain all the time?

In the last few yeras I've been 3 times now, and am planning another trip this year. Highlights for me are south harris, gearigh (sp?) beach on lewis, and all of the southern hebs, Particularly Aird a'machair, bernerah, and benbecula-land o holes ;) No-one ever believes me when I tell them there are white beaches and beautiful sunshine!

Look forward to seein your shots as I've not been back since I went digital!

sssshhhhh, everyone will want to come up here ; )

LOL - it did rain a fair amount of the time TBH but we had some nice days as well. The seas were *ahem* a bit choppy on the way back - the waves breaking over the top deck of a fairly sizeable ferry got us a bit worried but it wasn't too bad in the end! We were glad it was only a 3 hour crossing though! :puke:

From a purely photographic point of view I took the chance to do a lot of experimenting with settings and have come back feeling like I know my way around the camera a lot better. Some of the experimentation worked, some didn't, but that's all part of the fun! The shots I was asking for advice about before I went - in the blackhouse with the smoky atmosphere - proved considerably easier than I expected in the end, and I got some nice results using the tripod and remote release.

They'll all be on an album on webshots by the other side of the weekend......once I have some Gallery space on here then some will make it to there too.....I think "other matters" may have got slightly in the way of that sort of thing though! :p

Back