Holidays 2013

It's a lovely island. There's some genuinely wonderful villages up in the mountains and some of the larger costal resorts (Cala Bona/Millor etc) are great for beach holidays. Capdepera Castle is worth a visit if you're up that way, as is Palma Cathedral.....

And then there's Magaluf. Which is hell, and best avoided at all times and all costs.

The old train ride from Palma to Soller is a nice treat. And then continue over to Port Soller on the tram; real nice harbour town. Once you get away from Palma Nova, Magaluf etc, it really is a beautiful island. Some good wineries to visit, too (y)

Last edited:
I'll spend a lot of time in NW Scotland, but I'm also thinking of SW Ireland and Scilly.

Dave

I fly out to Orlando with my Mum on the 14th Feb for 2 weeks.
Going to be there for her B-day. I've hired a Mustang convertible for the whole holiday. I also have tickets to go to the Daytona 500 which I am mega excited about!

Crete (booked) at the beginning of June and possibly September. Maybe a weekend or 2 away too - already done an F48 in Cornwall, hoping for similar in Edinburgh and Paris.

I'm off to Adelaide in Feb to see my sister. We're doing a few days in Sydney, flying to Melbourne for a day and then doing a Great Ocean Road 3 day tour back to Adelaide. Plus also Kangaroo Island and hopefully Great White cage diving if I can juggle a few things.

Crete (booked) at the beginning of June and possibly September. Maybe a weekend or 2 away too - already done an F48 in Cornwall, hoping for similar in Edinburgh and Paris.

I loved Crete and we went to Kos the year after. It's a great place for a family and guaranteed nice weather.

We are doing somewhere in Egypt this year. Can't remember where as that is the wifes domain. All I know is it has 30 slides, over 25 pools and looks perfect for our family. We won't be doing any excursions, it's actually a country both me and my wife have no interest in exploring.

back home to cornwall for a week in easter

Lake district at the end of May

Turkey in July

America in October to Yosemite. The Ansel Adams institue do workshops there so im signing up to one. Should be amazing. Workshop

Got a week in Barcelona booked for June, just in time for the Catalunya MotoGP :D

which I just happen to have Grandstand tickets for (y)

Got a week in Barcelona booked for June, just in time for the Catalunya MotoGP :D

which I just happen to have Grandstand tickets for (y)

That's an amazing coincidence.....the odds of that happening must be as big as the hole in your pocket after buying those tickets!! :D

I'm going to go to Mallorca at Easter. Never been there.

went there for a night with "Suggs" from Madness.

was interesting.........

long story......but fun...

also on the same evening we gatecrashed a Spanish/German wedding.......

went there for a night with "Suggs" from Madness.

was interesting.........

long story......but fun...

also on the same evening we gatecrashed a Spanish/German wedding.......

Only you :D

Errrm, going to the UK at Easter :LOL:

well... the virgin radio event (me) was held at the same hotel as the wedding party... and shared loo's. So I ended up telling 2 german guys (in Spanish) what a great wedding it looked to be.. etc... :shrug:

Valencia in March for 'Las Fallas' - trying out my new kit, then near Alicante in June where I hope to catch the tail end of the Fogueras de Sant Joan

Valencia in March for 'Las Fallas' - trying out my new kit, then near Alicante in June where I hope to catch the tail end of the Fogueras de Sant Joan

If you want to take in the bullfights during Las Fallas, the carteles for March 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th are all excellent. If I had to choose, it would be either the 17th or 19th.

If you're around during the week after Las Hogueras de San Juan (admire your use of Valencian!), it's worth noting that there is a firework competition every night in la playa de Postiguet in Alicante.

Got back last week from 12 days in Morocco, toured round seeing all the main places, Marrakech, Casablanca, Fes, Erfoud, etc etc and finished off with 3 days in Agadir-dir-dir, push pineapples shake the... STOP IT! Fabulous place, definitely well worth a visit and relatively cheap too.

Iceland in Feb half term with me and the Mr, taking camera with me
Portugal May/Jume half term with some of the grandchildren
Adding Cuba for two weeks August with me and him :)
Tunisia Oct half term just me and my Mr.

Hoping for a weekend in Lungdung before too long too. Just need to sort out which weekends HER studio (yoga) is booked to keyholders and what exhibitions are on at the museums. Oh, and when our hosts will be not too busy!

I'm off to Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne next week to see my sister :) Bad mummy moment, i'm leaving my 19 month old at home with daddy so a bit of a bittersweet holiday.

Well, the old dog's gone so I'm not tied to home, but Mr Viv had already made arrangements with his mates for a week away in March, so I'll still be taking off the week and hanging around on me todd :LOL:

off to Pembrokeshire next Saturday, and then Scotland in September in the caravan, me him and the woofas, can't beat it

turkey in july for two weeks all inclusive at a newly built hotel

Scotland for a long weekend...need to check out a few tour sites.

India for 6 weeks in October, including a week at Bandhavgarh NP, also covering Diwali & Dev Diwali in Varanasi again. Hopefully have enough cash for ballooning too.
Just got to write a govelling letter to my boss explaining why I want more than 2 weeks off :(

I'm off to Havana in 22 days (not counting, honest!!).

I'm going Ireland in August, Vegas in November. Hoping to squeeze in Scotland around July.

Well so far it's three nights in a tent at Silverstone in June.
Five nights in Austin Texas at the F1 GP.
Then a week in the sunshine of Sharm El Sheikh in November,

Hopefully if I can find enough work between now and then, we'll be back to Spain to Alicante for our usual Summer sabbatical.

Would be nice to do what we did last year and spend a couple of weeks with the Wife's relatives in the country, before heading to the coast for the last few days, and then leave our 7 year old with Nan and Granddad for a couple of weeks, so we get double bubble of a good rest when we get back too!

Somehow, I don't think we'll be that lucky though 2 years running. :LOL:

Back to Austria in August for the 7th year on the go. Going to Kitzbuhel this year though, not been there before.

Can't wait to get up in the sky again on a tandem paraglide. Nothing beats the feeling of being a couple of thousand metres up in the air, a complete birds eye view.

I'm buying a Triumph Rocket in August. Riding down through France and Spain to Seville to visit a friend then over to Playa de Luz in Portugal to stay at a mate's house before riding back up to catch the ferry home. I have no idea how long I will be away for and I don't care!

Back