Holidays 2014

Our usual ten days in Mallorca in June. Then Vegas in Oct - a four day workshop in connection with our fabulous business, which we've extended to a stay of ten days.

Just come back from a couple of weeks in Torremolinos. Not allowed to take any 'big' cameras so pictures from cruddy broken TZ08.

Loving that 'film grain' mode

It rained a couple of days, torrentially.

Managed to see a Holy Week procession in Torremolinos, I'd like to go see the main oned in Malaga but it goes on too late (4am).

Mmmm, Sardines (not illustrated).

Started the year living in Hong Kong, did a week and a half in Japan snowboarding and sightseeing in Jan, moved to Germany in Feb, weekend in Switzerland a couple of weeks ago, long weekend on Lake Como next weekend, a festival in Holland in June, another in the UK in August, planning a boarding trip to Serbia for winter and maybe a sun break to Greece in the middle :)

Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?

We're off to Sicily for three weeks in June..... Can't wait, only time in Italy before that was Tuscany two years ago and loved it.

Off to Vancouver in about 8 weeks, staying there for a few days, then driving over the Rockies, staying a couple of nights each in 3 different locations before stopping a few more days with friends at Wetaskiwin in Alberta. Now the real debate is…. superzoom or lens collection. ;)

The weather over there is pants right now - friends in Sask posted pictures this week of their house still covered in snow, so I hope it gets it's act together for the end of June.

BTW for those who've not been to the Amalfi coast/Naples before, if you're driving, make sure you have a BIG stock of 1 euro coins for parking meters: that area is parking-hell.

For the chap going to Halkidiki - ENJOY. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Off to Iceland again in October, for 12 days exploring the south coast and hopefully capturing the northern lights.

March - Center Parcs, Easter - Sharm El Sheikh for a week, August, Dominican Republic for 2 weeks, October - Center Parcs again, plus various city breaks thrown in as well

Off to Vancouver in about 8 weeks, staying there for a few days, then driving over the Rockies, staying a couple of nights each in 3 different locations before stopping a few more days with friends at Wetaskiwin in Alberta. Now the real debate is…. superzoom or lens collection. ;)

The weather over there is pants right now - friends in Sask posted pictures this week of their house still covered in snow, so I hope it gets it's act together for the end of June.

BTW for those who've not been to the Amalfi coast/Naples before, if you're driving, make sure you have a BIG stock of 1 euro coins for parking meters: that area is parking-hell.

For the chap going to Halkidiki - ENJOY. :D

Lens collection, for sure; open spaces, lake panoramas, glaciers, mountain ranges and big skies. Do you know where you're staying/going once you've left Vancouver?

And the weather isn't pants in Alberta. Snow melted a couple of weeks back after finally having a few days of 16c+. Saskatchewan may well be a different story, but Alberta is fine, and come June it'll be nice and green. You should try and make it into Edmonton for a day; you'll only be about 45 minute drive away.

Touring Japan in August for me this year; maybe Edinburgh in November.

Lens collection, for sure; open spaces, lake panoramas, glaciers, mountain ranges and big skies. Do you know where you're staying/going once you've left Vancouver?

And the weather isn't pants in Alberta. Snow melted a couple of weeks back after finally having a few days of 16c+. Saskatchewan may well be a different story, but Alberta is fine, and come June it'll be nice and green. You should try and make it into Edmonton for a day; you'll only be about 45 minute drive away.

Thanks Sid, I'm sure we will visit Edmonton.

From memory, we're stopping at Banff, Revelstoke and Jasper so we can drive the Icefields Parkway. Really looking forward to this trip.

I take it you'll be visiting Lake Louise & Emerald Lake too? All on the way from Banff up the Icefield Parkway. Really nice part of the world.

When I visited Lake Louise a couple of years back, in June, the lake was still frozen, which was a bummer. Got to see some avalanches though! Yet, Emerald Lake, a few kms away, was completely ice free and was very photogenic.

The historic street cars will be running if you visit Edmonton. It's a small ride from Strathcona Farmer's Market, across the high level bridge to the Legislature building, but the rickety travel across the bridge in an old street car is worth the time and money.

Thanks Sid, yes, we'll try to take in the lakes on the way. I suspect we could spend a full 2 weeks driving this route, stopping for photos, given the chance.

Just seen pics of melting snow from my friends in Prince Albert, Sask. Looks like summer is coming then!

Last edited:
Bologna at the end of the month for me, just three nights. Going with a tour operator for the first time ever, normally I just book flights and hotel direct, either on my own or meet friends from around Europe at wherever we agree, but no friends about this time and fancied something with a bit of company. Will see how it turns out. The operator did confirm that I could skip the tours and bugger off on my own if I wanted to!

Hopefully I'll get to inflict a bit of my Italian on the natives :naughty:

4 sleeps...

Reading this thread while eating breakfast in Bangkok.

Major drop in tourist numbers, literally have any touristy venues to ourselves.

Apart from the increased military presence and initial 10pm curfew nationwide due to the coup d'état, it seems to be business as usual for the locals.

4 sleeps...

I was wrong! :(

At 2 this morning, the cat decided it was time to dispose of a furball - end of sleep 1...
At 4 this morning, all hell broke loose as the thunderstorm started - end of sleep 2...
At 7 this morning, it was normal getting up time - end of sleep 3...

Am I nearly there yet?

I have given myself two glorious weeks off in September and I'm planning to visit Adelaide and Tasmania - the original idea was to do a massive four wheel driving trek from Cairns to Birsdville and back, but sadly we lost group numbers to the point where it was no longer a safe trip :-(

I have given myself two glorious weeks off in September and I'm planning to visit Adelaide and Tasmania - the original idea was to do a massive four wheel driving trek from Cairns to Birsdville and back, but sadly we lost group numbers to the point where it was no longer a safe trip :-(

That sounds a shame, sounds awesome fun.

That sounds a shame, sounds awesome fun.

I hope it will be when we go next year! I'd rather be safe about it though so we set a minimum vehicle number of 4 vehicles with 2 persons in each (at least). In the meantime visiting two of the three states/territories that I haven't visited yet is a good compromise. Plus I'll get to visit the Barossa Valley and see part of the Overland Track. Definitely not as exciting as all of your holidays though!

Just booked my tickets to the corrida de toros on June 24th! Viva la fiesta!

Fly out to Dublin on Thursday, get a train to Limerick on Friday and pick up a Triumph TR6 on Saturday. Spend the rest of the week driving round southern Ireland, hopefully we'll get a few nice days to put the roof down :)

Log cabin in the UK this year, mrs won't leave the puppy. I don't mind but just need the weather gods to be on our side.

We went to Tasmania for a few days last year. Major mistake!! Could easily have spent 2 weeks there - it's a stunning place, and the locals are really friendly. The highlight for us was a visit to MONA - just brilliant.
Enjoy!

Well I went home. Saw so many great friends. Every morning on the beach, then lunch, then siesta then cool stuff. Las Hogueras, fireworks at midnight, the football in bars full of crazy people on the terraces, 2 bullfights. What a great time.

Fly out to Dublin on Thursday, get a train to Limerick on Friday and pick up a Triumph TR6 on Saturday. Spend the rest of the week driving round southern Ireland, hopefully we'll get a few nice days to put the roof down :)
Last of the hairy-chested British sports cars.. lovely! I had a pimento red T6 for a few years, very niceo on a twisty bit of road where you can forget about 4th gear and just use 3rd-and-overdrive.

I hope you're not too tall or long-legged.. ..

Last of the hairy-chested British sports cars.. lovely! I had a pimento red T6 for a few years, very niceo on a twisty bit of road where you can forget about 4th gear and just use 3rd-and-overdrive.

I hope you're not too tall or long-legged.. ..

I'm 5'11" with the seat right back it was fine. Lots of twisty (and quiet) roads around the western peninsulas, absolutely great fun to drive :)

IMGP4243 by Andydf, on Flickr

Beara Peninsula by Andydf, on Flickr

I'm just shy of 6'2" and had to have the seat removed, the runners moved back and the standard steering wheel changed for a smaller diameter Mota-Lita.

That one looks to be in stunning condition. Would look better with wires rather than alloys ;)

When we hired it, I was hoping it would be red with the wires but I wasn't going to complain, the noise was awesome :D

Well it was a long time coming but as it's a year since I lost my Papu (grandfather), my mother has decided to gift my girlfriend and I a small amount of the money he had left her and my uncle to spend on a holiday. So off we go to Athens in September. I've literally lost count of the times I've been but she has never been so I'm looking forward to being a tourist/tour guide :) It's my favourite place in the world and I can't wait to show my girlfriend around all the places I spent so much time growing up! Super excited!

Evening all, it's been a long wait....and only 2 more days to go until our family holiday to Florida.

Excited doesn't convey how I'm feeling :)

Cheers.

Started the year living in Hong Kong, did a week and a half in Japan snowboarding and sightseeing in Jan, moved to Germany in Feb, weekend in Switzerland a couple of weeks ago, long weekend on Lake Como next weekend, a festival in Holland in June, another in the UK in August, planning a boarding trip to Serbia for winter and maybe a sun break to Greece in the middle :)
Sounds like work!

Our usual ten days in Mallorca in June. Then Vegas in Oct - a four day workshop in connection with our fabulous business, which we've extended to a stay of ten days.

Now rearranged to a degree. Now 12 nights to include one night at the South Rim. Sadly, only one night was available but I'm really excited about catching both sunset and sunrise at the GC.

Just booked my trip to NYC. I've never been there before. Needless to say I'll be taking my cameras!

spent last week at Whinfell centreparcs,excellent weather and only a 25 minute drive and also going to Haggerston castle in a couple of weeks so will be visiting Bamburgh castle,Holy island,Farne islands and Alnwick castle:banana:

Back