Holidays 2017

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Well thoughts are already turning to next year. I know I'll be passing 2 awesome weeks in Alicante for the Hogueras de San Juan in June, then I'm probably doing a fly/drive to Canada in the autumn to take in the scenery. In the Spring I'll do a city break somewhere, maybe Sevilla.

What about you?

Currently researching going to Churchill , Manitoba to see hopefully polar bears and beluga whales - have put it off for several years due to cost but started saving already so,hoping to get there. Canada is such a stunning country..Also fancy Vietnam if funds allow .

The kids loved the campsite in Alicante this year so probably back there. So easy while they're still little.

Thinking about one of the river rhine cruises 5 days or 8. It would be my first cruise, don't fancy the ocean going ones. Anyone done a rhine cruise?

The kids loved the campsite in Alicante this year so probably back there. So easy while they're still little.

We changed to mobile homes as our kids got older. Made life so much easier and the cost was about the same.

Next year we will probably head off to somewhere around Malaga again for a few weeks in a private villa for the main holiday, with a couple of long weekend trips to Southern France and Italy to break up the year.
Our next long weekend is to Verona in a few weeks after the F&C weekend in The Peak District.

New York for the better halfs 40th in March so should get a few shots there!!!

Then Orlando in May.

Not southern Cyprus ;)

First a trip to Oz, then skiing in either Austria or Italy, Easter will be North Cyprus for a short trip, may likely a week in the new Forest and then the summer we fancy the Caribbean, likely Dutch Antilles. And as the summer is long well fit in a weekend break to somewhere as well.

And I'll be travelling a bit more abroad for work so it's good to spend quality time together.

We changed to mobile homes as our kids got older. Made life so much easier and the cost was about the same.

Next year we will probably head off to somewhere around Malaga again for a few weeks in a private villa for the main holiday, with a couple of long weekend trips to Southern France and Italy to break up the year.
Our next long weekend is to Verona in a few weeks after the F&C weekend in The Peak District.
Yeah we were in a chalet on a campsite rather than a caravan. the campsite is Marjal Costa blanca. Great campsite but nothing much walking distance around however with little ones we just stayed on site.

Last edited:
Yeah we were in a chalet on a campsite rather than a caravan. the campsite is Marjal Costa blanca. Great campsite but nothing much walking distance around however with little ones we just stayed on site.

It's not in Alicante (city) but is still in the province of Alicante. That part of Spain really is just desert, and you're right, there is nothing much around it.

2 weeks just outside paphos Cyprus.

Then hopefully squeeze in 10 days in just outside guardamar in spain

Thinking of Hawaii but i'm bored enough on a 4 hour flight, never mind an 11 hour first leg to LA or SF.
This will be a celebratory trip for my wife who's had a right time of it with her health, how comfy are these long haul flights for those with mobility/joint problems?

Thinking of Hawaii but i'm bored enough on a 4 hour flight, never mind an 11 hour first leg to LA or SF.
This will be a celebratory trip for my wife who's had a right time of it with her health, how comfy are these long haul flights for those with mobility/joint problems?

That will depend what class you fly in.

My in-laws upgraded to business class for that reason when flying to Perth, WA in July/August. They would not have managed in standard class in a comfortable manner.

Well I was hopeful of a kennel in the hold being a tad less expensive tbh...lol

We flew back from Hawaii with a break in San Diego... Maybe take a break on the way back if you can stretch to that? Loved Hawaii, in particular Big Island. Or get the seats by the doors... And I am having a knee op in October so I don't like sitting cramped myself but then I am not very tall!

South Africa in Winter and Sri-lanka during Spring. We cannot wait, exciting. But i must say, time does fly by really fast..i can't believe its end of 2016 already!

We have booked four days in Jersey so far so we can take the kids, flight prices were stupidly cheap (about £180 for all us as and from a local airport) so we could not resist it. Might also try for a short break in Barcelona as well at some point.

Going to try for a Corbiere Lighthouse sunset if the orientation is right

Last edited:
Back