Holidays 2023

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Have you started planning good things yet, or are you waiting to see how the pandemic plays out?

Booked flights as soon as they became available. Paid a little extra to give some flexibility if needed.

I’ve got a flight to Spain booked next month. I’ll wait till just before I go to sort out a hotel.

I wish...

Mrs WW is desperate to visit family in Thailand and is hoping to go but I'll be staying here. If we're lucky we may get a coupe of nights away and if we do I fancy the lake district or Yorkshire somewhere.

Last edited:
I don't know if it'll happen, with the Pandemic and my new job and all, but I'd like to go down to Port Isaac in Cornwall, to try and see the real Fisherman's Friends.

Probably Cornwall again. Next overseas holiday we had planned 2 years ago was a big one like Oz or US. Not doing that with all the risk. Neither am I going to spend 3 or 4k on a week in Greece and all the risk about red lists.

Should've had Scotland as plan A... ;)

funny you should say that, it was at one point and then I realised that by going to the south of france we would get (over the 2 weeks) just over 24 hours of extra daylight hours for outdoor activity which is why we decided on France initially lol.

Going on a cruise to the fjords in June. Originally booked for 2020 then 2021 then 2022. We will hopefully get there this year.

Ryanair have cancelled a third of their flights to Spain in January. Mine hasn’t been cancelled. Yet.

Ukraine in March, Florence in June. So far...

Hopefully make it back out to SA to stay at the Zimanga private game reserve in June 2022 from last June but who knows in this very changing world.

Hoping to go to Umbria this year, which got cancelled in 2020 and 2021. Not booked anything yet, and need to renew my passport.

Still got flight tickets to use up by September from 2020. Just waiting for China to reopen so the Mrs can get back to see her family. Hopefully get into Italy at some point too. I owe them Florence and Pisa from another failed trip!

If I ever get a better camera (which is possibly coming from eBay between tomorrow and next Tuesday) I want to go to the French Disneyland for selfie ops with Disney Princesses and other characters.

I realise I'm possibly a bit old for it at nearly 46, but a guy can dream right?

Im planning 2 weeks in Scotland next month in the motorhome :) It was originally France but had Scotland as a Plan B anyway as sort of saw it all coming sadly.

Likewise. We're booked in at end of May at Aberfeldy (Perth and Kinross) and on to Chanonry Point (Dolphin watching) for another week. It's just too risky to book abroad but the other aspect is getting there ..on a plane. I can't think of a more likely environment to pick up any nasties. I suppose a night club would be very risky. I picked up a nasty chest infection on a flight from Portugal about 4 years ago. A few people were coughing and spluterring so it didn't come as a surprise .I was anticipating something. A friend of ours picked up something similar on a flight back home from the US and it was serious and really laid him low. It was several years ago and he hasn't flown since.

Hope the weather is ok for you. Scotland, January ? Mmmmm :)

Likewise. We're booked in at end of May at Aberfeldy (Perth and Kinross) and on to Chanonry Point (Dolphin watching) for another week. It's just too risky to book abroad but the other aspect is getting there ..on a plane. I can't think of a more likely environment to pick up any nasties. I suppose a night club would be very risky. I picked up a nasty chest infection on a flight from Portugal about 4 years ago. A few people were coughing and spluterring so it didn't come as a surprise .I was anticipating something. A friend of ours picked up something similar on a flight back home from the US and it was serious and really laid him low. It was several years ago and he hasn't flown since.

Hope the weather is ok for you. Scotland, January ? Mmmmm :)
Done Scotland in January twice over the last 3 years, on the Outer Hebrides no less, though not in the motorhome. We'll be fine as we prepare for all 4 seasons. Hell, when we also went in July we prepared for all 4 lol.

Not a holiday but hopefully a house move to another country (we keep changing our minds as to where so I really have no idea at present!)

Hoping for a week along the western coast of Scotland (Oban centric) in the latter part of the year.
The light up there (when the rain clouds move) is simply astounding.
Days planned in my head around the A82 route and Rannoch, Pitlochry and a few lochs.

Off to Slovakia in early July for a wedding and then a couple of weeks of hols. August we're off to North Uist.
I still reckon N Uist has the best beaches (and more of them) than anywhere else in Scotland (and I've been to a lot of the islands)

Hope Putin doesn't invade.....
He's not a fool, a war with Ukraine would cost way more in money and lives than he'd be able to explain to the Russian people. Ukraine has a big standing army and the backing of NATO.

Off to Slovakia in early July for a wedding and then a couple of weeks of hols. August we're off to North Uist.
I still reckon N Uist has the best beaches (and more of them) than anywhere else in Scotland (and I've been to a lot of the islands)

Going to Uist for work in week or so, looking forward to the icy wind and rain lol.

He's not a fool, a war with Ukraine would cost way more in money and lives than he'd be able to explain to the Russian people. Ukraine has a big standing army and the backing of NATO.
They also won Eurovision last year as I recall, or was it this year?

We've got Centre Parcs booked for February and the Dorset coast booked for early July so far.
Might see you then ,got west bay ,Dorset booked for early July

Might see you then ,got west bay ,Dorset booked for early July

We usually go the eastern end of Weymouth. That's where I've managed to book next year. We left it late to book this summer just gone & ended up with a flat in Bridport! Was nice, but didn't have the holiday feeling that you get from a caravan! We spent most of our days on Hive beach. Shot Milky Way one night there too. Also Colmer's Hill is nice for sunrise & sunset although sunrise can sometimes give you some nice mist below.

I booked early July as my son is in year 11 so will be finished his GCSE's by then rather than paying school holiday prices :)

There is no way I'll get on a plane with 100-200 other people all in close proximity and breathing in recycled air.

We may have a couple of weeks away at a self catering place, either in Scotland or Cornwall, but I can't see me going overseas for a couple of years at least.

There is no way I'll get on a plane with 100-200 other people all in close proximity and breathing in recycled air.

We may have a couple of weeks away at a self catering place, either in Scotland or Cornwall, but I can't see me going overseas for a couple of years at least.
Head for Scotland mate, so much better.

Back