Holidays head shot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi! I'd love your comment on this picture I took of my wife during our holidays 2 weeks ago.
Both on composition and post production. I really had no idea what to do with it, beside a very small crop and adding a +0.2 exposure.

4f64bd2e96700c4e8bc7eb5f3beb35ff

_MG_1000.jpg by Ale e Marghe Marvaldi on 500px

Last edited:
Nice shot, doesn't need much at all. I'd crop a bit more off the top and perhaps the left to leave her slightly less central and reduce the amount of shoulder in the shot. I'd increase the contrast via curves - which will increase the saturation slightly too. And take the shine off the nose.

I'd need to see it on a calibrated screen to be sure, but I might increase the colour temperature a little; it seems slightly cool. And if I were going to print it I'd clone out the white thing in the bottom right.

But frankly, it's great as it is.

Agree with the shine but on the lips and chin as well. But a nice posed shot otherwise

A very pleasant portrait, which doesn't require much processing in my opinion. I agree with removing the shiny tip of nose, but the lips don't bother me - less is more on retouching as far as I'm concerned. The fact that the subject is looking just past the lens looks a little strange to me.

I prefer a neutral tone on faces so no shine for me as I say.

Each to his own though :)

Back