Home CCTV systems...

Gosh did I ask this over a year ago?

Thanks all for contributing.

I haven't been able to do this for various reasons but it's on the list of things to do.

How time flies, I remember posting in the thread. I never got round to fitting a security camera either. I did put two security lights up the other week, covering both the back and front entrances. It was a fairly cheap and easy job, took me a few hours. No chance of anyone sneaking up in the dead of night now. Only thing is, cats do set it off also.

I got mine from Aldi last year still need to put it up

thought i would post up a quick clip of the sort of quality to expect from the 250 quid one box solution i posted earlier in the thread

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWyY0Kzzr8

this system has been installed for about 4 years and is an older version DVR but the cameras look pretty much the same
You just wanted to show off your parking, didn't you? :D

That's actually pretty damn good quality! Much better than what Im using at the mo

How time flies, I remember posting in the thread. I never got round to fitting a security camera either. I did put two security lights up the other week, covering both the back and front entrances. It was a fairly cheap and easy job, took me a few hours. No chance of anyone sneaking up in the dead of night now. Only thing is, cats do set it off also.

Years ago I put a security light up and someone stole it.

I replaced in and concreted over the mountings and it's still there to this day.

haha!

A while ago we were suffering some anti social stuff so I mounted an old camcorder on my tripod and pointed it out of an upstairs window, plugged in into a VHS video recorder for 8 hours recording and left it to run. I was actually sat looking at the TV when the offenders turned up giving me enough time to run down stairs and out the door and catch them :D That was fun.

Would it not be better to reverse in? :)

can't reverse in there's not enough room
if i reversed straight in i wouldn't be able to shut the shutter and you'd have to climb over the car to get past it
the car gets parked more or less where it is but further back so i can get my car in and out without having to move the wifes ( the one in the vid ) mines parked round the corner it's an end terraced house.
both have to be driven forward to get in and manoeuvre to where they stay

You just wanted to show off your parking, didn't you? :D

That's actually pretty damn good quality! Much better than what Im using at the mo

my wife refuses to put the car in the yard in case she scrapes it so whenever she want's the car i have to drive it in and out of the yard :(

i bought the setup must be getting on for 5 years ago now when HD cctv was relatively expensive but for one reason or another pc world of all places was selling off the samsung home security kits at reduced prices and it's been pretty good
the only down side is if the cameras decide to pack in i would be hard pressed finding replacements they are bespoke to this particular system but they've been quite reliable so far and i have a spare just in case :)

just looked at the link i posted last year and it looks like the kit is still available, for the price i think it's hard to beat

Last edited:
Back