home studio background + which kit (update)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Just bought the very same kit, for what I want to do with it (portraits/product shots etc) it'll work just fine. I was expecting it to be cheaper and nastier but it's reasonably sturdy with metal fixings, so should last okay. I'm not under any illusion that it wouldn't stand up to full time use tho! Oh and it breaks down relatively small for storage as well, which suits me. I don't envisage doing a lot of studio stuff so it'll do me for now, unless I turn out to inexplicably good at it ;)

That's just the info I need, many thanks. I'm not going mainstream or even making any money out of this, I am purely doing it as it's a part of my photography that's missing. I just want to experiment with lighting and portrait! Many thanks (I'll save the expense of a Highlite)

Pete

pete_vincent said:
Just a thought, What is the backdrop that comes with it like? Does it show creases or is it pretty good.
Many thanks
Pete

I bought one earlier in the year fir much the same reason as yourself and seems to be pretty good for the price. The bg can be a little difficult to get the creases to drop out but if its lit correctly you can soon blow the creases oof.

Do those backdrops actually reach the floor at full height? Not sure if I'm misreading the ebay description but it looks like they may be short which kind of limits you. I used to have the Lencarta background which was excellent so it may be worth looking at paying a little more.

The Lastolite Hilite is a good portable alternative as well, although a little more pricey.

Back