I Have just spent about 30 minutes making these

_DSC0728.jpg

I have then take a picture of the effect each gives off

All pictures was taken at f11 1/125

_DSC0738.jpg

_DSC0735.jpg

_DSC0737.jpg

_DSC0736.jpg

and then i hand held my flash with number 1 on and moved around and came up with this

f16 1/125

_DSC0752.jpg

now all i have to do is learn how to use them properly and effectivley

look forward to hearing your comments
Thanks
Karl

Impressed Karl, you are a quick learner.

Your product shot is very good for a first time.

Impressed Karl, you are a quick learner.

Your product shot is very good for a first time.

I agree I do like to watch somebody progress with passion like you seem too be....

MD

The 2 longest are 21cm

number 4 is 14.5cm

and number 2 is 7cm

Thanks
Karl

Matt black spray paint on the inside will give you much better control of the light.

you mean people actually plan these instead of keeping some black card in the bottom of the peli :p

good job these do look really professional, the inside is the important bit to be black as Garry said, outside is just for purtyness

Well done bro! If you have black inside one end and white the other end you get different effects. The black dof kills light reflecting around the end for a more defined falloff and the white end allows more light to bounce for a softer edge to the light. I make em out of foam and velcro as well now. Grid spots next, mate?

nice work. i made a selection of these using black and white fun foam from an art shop. awesome for controlling light for stuff like smoke pictures.

Well done bro! If you have black inside one end and white the other end you get different effects. The black dof kills light reflecting around the end for a more defined falloff and the white end allows more light to bounce for a softer edge to the light. I make em out of foam and velcro as well now. Grid spots next, mate?

I knew I was supposed to be doing something with these 2 sheets of 3ft x 3ft black correx sat behind my desk. ;)

Bloody right! I used black straws and golf club tape, which was a real labour of love.

Yeah, that stuff is great. Great for light painting too.

About the same price as a bit of foam or cardboard? Can make HUNDREDS for that price. Yours do look decent though. ;)

I use home made black 'foam paper' stuff ones too. Mainly cos they fold up totally flat and save loads of case room.

Back