honesty, please

Edit My Images
Yes
another of my youngest-which is better in this instance?
HPIM0828-1.jpg

HPIM0828-1-1.jpg

:wave:

Personally, I don't think it's a keeper.

Please take the following as constructive critisism, I'm not trying to be overly nasty, but this is my honest opinion.

The top one is oversaturated, both are overexposed, too soft, and the composition just doesn't work. I'd much rather see a face on smiling shot than his back and slumped shoulders.

Looks like he's had enough of you and is off to find another home
**Insight** If you were going for that as a comedy shot, then it's brilliant :D

Personally, I don't think it's a keeper.

Please take the following as constructive critisism, I'm not trying to be overly nasty, but this is my honest opinion.

The top one is oversaturated, both are overexposed, too soft, and the composition just doesn't work. I'd much rather see a face on smiling shot than his back and slumped shoulders.

Looks like he's had enough of you and is off to find another home
**Insight** If you were going for that as a comedy shot, then it's brilliant :D

i don't take anything to heart (y)
thx for your honesty:D

nice idea but might've been easier if you'd been lower down, made him seem bigger in the frame and would've caught the irony of the little-un weilding a hammer!
sweet little model thou, bless him!

Agreed...over exposed by a couple of stops I'd guess.

444 posts in 27 days.....that's got to be some kind of record, you must be shooting one handed and typing with the other.

Bob

Is it overexposed? Looks more like bad flare from light reflecting on the UPVC frame/sill. I'm guessing its from a compact, which has heavily processed the image giving the apparent saturation. There's also a ton of noise in the shadow on the legs.

Anyway that aside.... I actually quite like the idea. But you can't see enough of the background to see what he might be looking to work on, but there again there is too much clutter just visible for be just about the boy.

Hope that helps, sorry it's rather negative!

lol-yes it is alot of posts-fortunately for me, they are mostly replies and comments:LOL:
no need to say sorry either-only way i'm gonna learn:)
nice to hear all comments(y)
oh yea, it is a toy hammer:LOL:

Last edited:
had another go...
HPIM0828-1-1-1.jpg

I've just given it a small tweek of brightness and contrast.....stops me squinting. Hope you didn't mind.
Bob

HPIM0828-1-1-1.jpg

I've just given it a small tweek of brightness and contrast.....stops me squinting. Hope you didn't mind.
Bob

HPIM0828-1-1-1.jpg

nope,don't mind at all- in fact i encourage such things(y)
looks good:clap:

I think shots behind can work somtimes but I'm not sure this is one of those instances. I don't know what it is about it, but there's almost too much going on, fighting for interest... the hammer, the patterned floor, the doorknob, the bushes, the other building, etc. Rather than play with this existing shot, I'd try a few more variations. Take lots and you'll invariably come up with something which "works".

Hope this is constructive. Keep trying...

there is a lot of noise in the pictures for what looks like quite a bright day. Did you give the levels a boost?

do you have the full exif data for these pictures? I remember the other pictures you posted also had these characteristics. Perhaps if you have such harsh lighting where you live, it is creating a very heavy haze...it may be worth using a lens hood or even a polarising filter on occasion to give you back a bit of contrast.

Anyway, my edit for what it's worth. For such a picture lacking in contrast I crush the levels in both the highlights and shadows.

boy.jpg

wow- i like it alot= )
all my pics were taken using an hp photosmart e337 digi:nuts:

Back