Honouring Prices....

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just tried to order a 5D from a store advertising it at a certain price in this months 'Digital Photo' mag.
Well firstly they (& everyone else seemingly) are out of stock but, the thing that niggled me was as I was about to order anyway they then said that the price is now £40 more and when I said 'Yeah but in this months mag its this price' I was told that 'Canon have increased their prices'.
Does anyone know where I stand regarding them having to honour what they are advertising? Does the fact that I have to wait a week & half for new stock make the difference?

Usually their terms and conditions on the add in the mag will allow them to alter the prices as they have to submit the add some time before the actual publication date. So in this case I would assume that they are correct in being allowed to increase the price legally.

However, if you are not happy with that you can vote with your feet and money and shop elsewhere. Like you say they have no stock either so it is not like only they are offering you something that others can't.

Who's the retailer?

What price and is it just the 5D (body only) that you are after?

On the price issue, no shop has to sell you anything at the price shown unless they agree to do so. This is meant to protect them in the event of a mistake in pricing.

I seriously doubt Canon would have raised their price so soon after launch mind you, for that bs alone I'd steer clear of Park Cameras.

Why not take your Magazine to your local Jessops and see if they will price match, I know what people wil say about they only match certain sites, but what have you got to lose?

Not sure if any other camera stores have a price match scheme.

Think I may well, go find a Jessops, though I didnt really want to as I went to buy one from there before, the pratt behind the counter dropped the lens on the floor, picked it up & proceeded to pack it ... he seemed shocked when I said 'Im not having that' he said it was the last they had ... I pity the shopper that bought after me!
Quick drive to another local Jessops, got the camera and didnt think much about the fact that everything was open in the box. But closer inspection revealed the a cpuple of buttons on the camera were scratched so that went back.
I feel blooming jinxed! :hissyfit:

Warspite said:
Why not take your Magazine to your local Jessops and see if they will price match, I know what people wil say about they only match certain sites, but what have you got to lose?

Not sure if any other camera stores have a price match scheme.

If Park cameras advertise in Digital camera magazine, Jessops also advertise in there and claim they’ll beat any price in the magazine.

Just checked my copy of this months Digital Camera magazine, and park cameras do have an ad in there. I think Jessops will only price match if the place you want them to price match have it in stock.

Don't tell them its out of stock and just say you wanted it now rather than waiting for it to be delivered, if they ring and check its bad luck but they may not.

Id give it ago - nothing to lose, at most they will ring up Par and ask, on the other hand if you live near a good branch you could walk out with one that day:)

Same can often be found with T4 Cameras. Although that will cost you £2498, possibly plus delivery.

Back