Hooray for Argos.....

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
We bought our daughter a Nintendo DS last April for her birthday.

Before christmas it started getting funny with games, randomly saying there was no game inserted, or randomly freezing.....
So eventually it got worse and worse, and we ended up taking it back to Argos in March, for repair under warranty (12 month). They said it would be sent away etc, and we'd get a phone call in 10-14 days when it is returned, fixed....

Went in a couple of times, nothing yet. Went in today, and the chap (I think he was the manager), without even knowing that we'd been in asking about it before, offered to ring them up...He did and said "I'm in a queue, looks like it will be 15 minutes, are you OK to wait?" We did a bit of shopping and came back, he was still on the phone....

Eventually he finished up and said "Good news and bad news". Apparently it was fixed and returned by Parcelfarce, who said they tried to deliver it three times and no one was in (open 8am - 10pm or something every day?..lol), and its now en-route back to the manufacturer, sort of lost, sort of in limbo.

So basically he opened the catalogue and said "Pick a new one, which colour would you like?". Not only that, it was an original DS we sent for repair, and we got a brand new DS Lite, now in Pink (was silver), and this is guaranteed for another 12 months :D

Nice to get some very good customer service for once. He didn't really have to do anything except apologise and say "Not our fault, wait until it comes back". But he didn't.

So, er Mr Argos man, I salute you :)

Good to see some sunshine of decent customer service in this wet weather;)

Sweet :)
Good story for a change

This makes a change from the usual..... 'the item you have reserved has been given to someone else and we have no more in stock' especially after you've made a special journey for the item. GRRR..

Nice one.

How refreshing :clap: Nice to hear a story like that after the crap customer service I got from a supplier yesterday :bat: but that's another story (or thread if I get a chance today :LOL:)

Marcel beyond telling us you should call back and express your gratitude or heaven forbid write letter to ARgos main office. These companies need to be praised when they do right or they won't do it anymore! I once called a grocery store because of excellent service from one of the stock boys and I can't tell you how happy that manager was to get some good news for a change and I sure hope he told the boy about it!

I certainly do intend to write a letter to both the branch, and Argos Head Office. I do try when someone gives very good customer service, as you're right, people are always quick to complain, but never quick to praise.

I remember when I helped a woman on the bus once with her shopping, and she wrote in and praised me...Company rule was that drivers got two hours pay for an appraisal letter. (y)

Good result. Incidentally, which branch of Argos?

It was the Bury branch MrGrumpy. The one on Angouleme way (Not the smaller one near the bus station).

Good on you Marcel. (y)

My Cam belt went on my SAAB a couple of years ago as I was overtaking a lorry on a dual carraigeway in North Wales. After escaping from the fast lane to the gravel of the hard shoulder, I promptly got out of the car and rang for help. A minute later a young (late 20s) man in a council van stopped his vehicle blocking my back end from the rush hour traffic. He asked if I was alright and stayed with me until the breakdown vehicle arrived. I took his registration and on my return home I rang the council and eventually put through to his boss. I praised him for what he did and said he should be proud to have such a caring employee. He was chuffed to bits. :clap:

about november last year

My son asked for an xbox, for xmas, so looked at argos online and they had a special offer buy a xbox for 89.99 and get 3 games(valued at 89.99) for free

thought it was a decent deal, but was a little bit unsure with the new xbox360 about to be released when he asked.

a few weeks later, after thinking about it (more games for an older system or a new one and virtualy no games) I looked again and the same deal was 49.99 + the 3 games, so i ordered it, only to find it was out of stock, but due back in the following thursday.

I reserved one, and waited.

When the thursday arrived I checked online again, and they were in stock again, but now back to 89.99

I went in, and when it was my time to be served, I said, "we may have afun converstation here"

showed them the printout with 49.99 on and they said "oh another one, its ok, that will be 49.99 please"

after she took my money we had a little chat, apparantly when you reserve the item, you reserve the item not the price so if they change the price you are suposed to pay the new one. But somebody had kicked up a big stink about the Xboxs, before I got there, and so they were lettign people who had reserved them at 49.99 have them at that price. So I was happy and my lad got more games :)

Back