Hope all you RL guys sent in proof of your PLI

Gary Coyle

In Memoriam
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope all you RL guys sent in proof of your PLI by yesterdays closing date, only found out on Thursday myself that you now need a minimum £2,000,000 and need to send proof of your policy in PDF format to the RFL who are then sending the list of accredited toggers who have proved they have the required PLI to all grounds, when you try to book into or enter the ground if your name isn't on the pre approved list then im afraid you wont be allowed in.

Sorry i didn't post this earlier but i was scuttling round trying to get my PLI increased from the old level of £1,000,000

The agency guys should be covered by their agencies but the freelancers might not know about it

This comes into force for the start of the 2011 season

Last edited:
Hope all you RL guys sent in proof of your PLI by yesterdays closing date, only found out on Thursday myself that you now need a minimum £2,000,000 and need to send proof of your policy in PDF format to the RFL who are then sending the list of accredited toggers who have proved they have the required PLI to all grounds, when you try to book into or enter the ground if your name isn't on the pre approved list then im afraid you wont be allowed in.

Sorry i didn't post this earlier but i was scuttling round trying to get my PLI increased from the old level of £1,000,000

The agency guys should be covered by their agencies but the freelancers might not know about it

This comes into force for the start of the 2011 season

i aint had no emails about this :(

me neither Tony??, I have 2mill anyway(godda have it for football) but didn't know about the registration!, Gary I shoot for the YP does that cover me as an "Agency"?

Last edited:
I have 5ml cover for premiership games.. I dont have spam deletion and certainly had nothing through..the licence is in my name.

I have jusy sent mine off with a covering letter explaining not only unaware of a deadline but also my current situation as full time freelance and RFL as part of my business plan.. All true so hopefully some leeway will be shown..

If not then :(

Tony/Graham

check your emails, ive forwarded the email which was forwarded to me, i didnt know until i was asked if i'd sent my PLI details in, seems a lot of folk didnt get the email.

Anyway, check the email as you need to send to a specific person and specific email address

couldn't send the email to the Donna addresses provided Gary?, so sent it to John & asked him to pass it on!?.

I sorted mine, Same as you Gary had to up my cover to Pro with Photoguard, With gear cover to it comes in at £33 a month, i will be changing to Aaduki on Monday though at less than £20. Robbing gets!

with gear cover that seems to be the norm Steve:(, I have my "gear" covered seperate which includes "other" items so my premium is quite low!".

if the deadline was yesterday and they are informing all clubs prior to season start.. i would imagine there only getting to this during the forthcoming week... so maybe we just got a heads up in time thanks to gary :)

if the deadline was yesterday and they are informing all clubs prior to season start.. i would imagine there only getting to this during the forthcoming week... so maybe we just got a heads up in time thanks to gary :)

All donations via paypal please :LOL:

I hadn't heard about this until last night, spoke the the Agency and they have received no email from the RFL so i think it only applies to Individual License holders

Just in from John Ledger at the RFL

Hi Anthony,
The following statement has been issued twice in the last month, each time to everyone on the RFL's media database.

If you do not receive our emails, which include the weekly In Touch where we provide details of how to apply for accreditation for our major events, please contact Donna Wilkinson and ask to be added to the list.

Could you do me a favour and post the statement on any photographers' messageboards you may use?
Cheers,
John

The statement is the same one posted earlier in this thread :)

Phew.. sorted :)

Back