Hopton

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Took these this afternoon after having an hour or so spare. Added a slight blue tint to the mono conversions using split toning in ACR. Overall quite pleased with the result and actually spent a bit more time composing the shots as opposed to letting my excitement and enthusiasm take over (which it does quite a lot...well most of the time actually!).

DSC_9365 by neil almond, on Flickr

DSC_9363 by neil almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like number 2 as the sky isn't blocked by the structure, but I am going to nit pick so much when I say this (sorry!) but the furthest left hand vertical being in line with the horizon niggles a little - in my opinion should be just below or just above.

:)

Cheers chaps and point taken.
The alignment of both shots with the horizon at certain points is intentional. I actually took a few shots like this, including this one.

Hopton Mono by neil almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the split toning, but have to agree with stumeech about the horizon in No.2 which IMHO is the best of the 3 shots.

Second and third are belters...really love the simplicity.

Fantastic as always but like the others prefer the second and third. Where abouts where these taken? Always on the lookout for long exposure locations.

Thanks Paul.
Corton/Hopton, between Gt Yarmouth and Lowestoft. It's my quick go to place at the moment - great for LE's (which im into currently) and lots of interesting water obstacles.
May head over there in a bit as its nearing low tide!

Lucky man, I'm roughly two hours away but it's on my to do list prop later in the year when I've got a holiday without the wife!

Back