Horrified! Just discovered POTN, is no longer a thing, so I am (another) refugee

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
1. Can anyone tell me how to get max FPS (7 per sec I think) out of a Canon EOS 5D MKIV.
Still not worked out how to use it after upgrading from a MK II.

2. Am I right in thinking that you can shoot video at 120fps on the MKIV as well? If so can anyone describe?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to TP.

You need to set the drive mode to continous shooting, also you need to have battery power above 50% otherwise the speed drops.

Sorry can't help on video FPS I never use it.

You can download a manual here :)

Hi Rob,and welcome. TP works a little differently to POTN, so it may feel a bit different for a while.

Sorry that I can't advise on the camera, having never owned a canon.

Are you thinking about the R5? I've never had that issue with a 5D before Mk II, III or IV.
I have it with my 5D IV, it only slows a bit, 5-6 FPS, but I noticed it while working with running Hares.

From the manual (I remembered reading it after noticing the slight drop).
1000003084.jpg

I've never used mirrorless, so I'm not sure if the speed drop is the same thing :)

If I remember rightly, theres a few factors that can affect the FPS a bit. I think high iso noise reduction can slow things, as can card write speed, and I fancy the highlight tone protection thingy might as well. Dont think they make a big difference though.

Hi Rob,and welcome. TP works a little differently to POTN, so it may feel a bit different for a while.

Sorry that I can't advise on the camera, having never owned a canon.

Why not?!! :canon: :exit::p
I haven't owned one since about 2000, maybe the answers above may explain why :nikon:
:)

As someone who had no idea what POTN meant, I went looking and found this discussion which, eventually, gets round to explaining it stands for "Photography On The Net"...

As someone who had no idea what POTN meant, I went looking and found this discussion which, eventually, gets round to explaining it stands for "Photography On The Net"...

Sorry Andrew, should have said. Photography on the net was a really great forum, somehow I missed it being closed. Hope I can fit in here!

Sorry Andrew, should have said. Photography on the net was a really great forum, somehow I missed it being closed. Hope I can fit in here!
I hope you stick around, it is a great forum. I think you’ll find some POTN refugees on here. There were some that dropped in and didn’t jell, they have since set up their own forum.

Back