Horsepower at the Hall - Summer Shutdown

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
I took my new baby out for a play at Horsepower at the Hall last weekend. I recently decided I needed a camera that could go anywhere with me and be good enough to cope with most things so I invested in my first ever brand new camera, a Canon Powershot G7X Mk.II. Being an over-confident idiot I took the camera from the box, left the instruction manual exactly where was when it arrived and headed straight out to a shoot! These are some of the results: C&C welcome.

1) A 1990 BMW 7-Series which has been Alpina-ised. Not the genuine B7 article but a nice looking car and very rare as it is a manual.

Not your average BMW
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

2) The current Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - left hand drive. There is a story behind this car too, it was won as a prize on a Mercedes facebook competition - by a 13 year old lad. Damn I wish my first car was this good!

Sleeper

3) I am not a fan of Fords but even I have to bow down to the history associated with this particular marking. It was a stunning example too, not a mark on it.

Icon

4) Markings on the back of an RX-7. I struggled a little with points of focus initially, the touch screen on the G7X is very intuitve but not as accurate as the point of focus selection on the 1D.

Markings

5) Still in Jap-Corner, the bonnet and front headlamp of a Honda S2000.

Angles

6) Yet another example of legendary old skool hot-hatchery. The less poplular 1600 model of the 205 GTi but still a good looking example. Now, does anyone have a spare 10k so I can get one of my own?

Old Skool Hot Hatch

7) From the granddaddy of hot-hatches to the newest parvenu in the segment, the 2015 Mk.III Ford Focus RS. I cant stand the whole car so I took this detail shot instead!

RS

8) This is where the G7X falls down, motion shots. Full manual mode means you can do it but the lack of a veiwfinder makes it very hard to keep focus on one point of the car throughout the panning shot. This btw is a modified Suzuki Swift Sport. Now I love swifts. I owned two and am a lifetime member of the owners club, but I think the owner has ruined this one!

Modified Swifty

On the whole I am very pleased with my new camera, problems with panning aside. I may need to get the manual out ahead of next weekend when I'm off to Oulton Park for Britcar. The G7X can do Timelapse apparently but I cant find the bloody setting!

Some nice images of cars from my boy racer days..

3. My brother had one of these and it was quick but he preferred his Mk2 RS1800.
6. I had several of these from 1.6 to 1.9, then a Turbo Technics Dimma version and finally one with the Mi16 16 valve engine in which was rapid, trouble was keeping it on the road round bends. :wideyed:

Back