Hosting site for photo competitions

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
On another site, I run a "day in the life" thread a couple of times per year.

Users send me their photos by email, I rename them in to reflect the time they were taken, then upload to Flickr. This is a big hassle for me and can take hours. I've tried giving them a dropbox link but that doesn't work for everyone.

So we really need some better solution to collecting and collating the pictures.

Out of the commercial solutions Woobox comes closest to doing what we want but unfortunately its too tied up to facebook (even requires a facebook id to test it!)

Looking at what we need:
  • Storage somewhere on a reliable service that isn't going to disappear tomorrow
  • Easy upload
  • Moderation
  • Some way of tying entries to user ids - probably form based, but ideally bridging to the Xenforo logons.
  • EXIF extraction
  • Ideally something that we could also use for photography competitions too - ie. allowing voting etc.
Any bright ideas?

The latest Day in the Life is here: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-day-in-the-life-the-pictures.1377867/

Last edited:
Can you not allow 'members' to share their own images on the Flickr page? Voting wise it could be on the number of likes?

Can you not allow 'members' to share their own images on the Flickr page? Voting wise it could be on the number of likes?
I tried that, Flickr wouldn't allow me to order the files correctly, and may of the users don't have flickr accounts.

Back